Stirring the Pot
A few sobering thoughts on the game last night.
1. Anyone pointing a finger at the goalie is an idiot. Plain and Simple.
Want to fault Elliott on a shorthanded breakaway, a blown off sides call, and the team’s lack of ability to win a battle in the slot for a rebound. Go ahead, and while you’re at it go watch a NBA game.
2. I have a better chance of winning the lottery than Berglund winning over 50% of his face-offs
3. Petro or no Petro, majority of the pp issues is breaking the puck out. Kings NZ fore-check is forcing bad puck decisions
Seriously, why the fuck do you have a "Video Coordinator" if you can’t figure out how to break their fore-check?
4. More Cole, less Carlo.
If you’re going to dress the kid, let him get his hands dirty. Could he have played any worse?
5. I'll give credit when credits due. Hat tip to D’Agostini. For the Tyler Greene honks, that is what you call taking advantage of an opportunity.
I almost vomited typing that.
6. Last night would've been a great night for Reaves. Not with the fists but with the physicality. Definitely would've provided a spark
I don’t buy the "Reaves doesn’t play special teams" shit Hitch is throwing. Crombeen hasn’t seen a PK since 2009. Let the big dog eat.
7. For the Stewart bashers. Watch the tape on Perron. The guy had around 20 stick handling turnovers last night.
Instead of voting him for a video game cover, let’s put him on side of a milk carton.
8. Anyone seen Alex Steen this playoffs?
Throw in Shattenkirk to that list as well.
9. Less dumps around the boards and more putting pucks around the goal. Make Quick, smother it or try to play it.
Quick has shown signs of crease toughness like our bitch boy Jimmy Howard. Instead of dumping the puck and losing the battle every time in the corner, why not rifle a few on goal from the neutral zone and rattle his cage.
10. To put an R rated twist on Captain Backes comments last night. It’s time for the boys to look in the mirror, reach down their pants, and search for those things called testicles. Going on the road is a great opportunity to locate their balls and tea bag Los Angeles at home games 3 and 4.