Ugh, I'm really from Connecticut?
So much, let's just jump in.
- Aww, Shattenkirk gets a little hometown love. [Greenwich Post]
- The Blues play-by-play men are under contract for next season - discuss your thoughts. [Post Dispatch]
- Another reason minor league sports are great to support. The creativity and FUN they have with things. There are puns that are golden, free stuff for spelling "Setoguchi," just the creativity. [SB Nation: MN]
- This "oldest" hockey player looks suspiciously like Tyler. [Montreal Gazette]
- Everyone needs and ESPN link. It keeps the smile muscles limber. [ESPN]
- No more USA. No more Canada. No more - excuse me as I sob. [Lighthouse Hockey]
- I'd be more surprised if Cowhered doesn't say something that incites hate from one group of Americans. Moving on . . . [Awful Announcing]
- I don't think it's wrong that I hit someone who kept missing Kopitar's most beautiful goal. Not in the slightest. [Puck Daddy]
- Who doesn't love a good Zach Parise story? [The Globe and Mail]
- There's no way you're not quoting "Cool Runnings" today. Shoot, Ann and I quoted during mile 5 of our half marathon last month for no reason. [Puck Daddy]
- Yeah, I don't like the name or the logo for the new CHL Denver Cutthroats. [Mile High Hockey]
- I know ALL about the Kings - Mike Bibby, Chris Webber, Peja Stojakovic, Vlade Divac, Hedo Turkoglu, Brad Miller, the Maloof brothers. OH, THE LA KINGS, yeah, I got nothing. [Puck Daddy]
Beer AND health thing of the day.
- Now that there isn't hockey, it seems that our little community starts running a little more. It's an odd summer phenomenon. So why not sign up for this 4K beer run? [TapNRun]
New Zealand ice hockey players perform the Haka. Don't know what the Haka is? It's a Maori war dance generally performed rugby matches. It's nightmare inducing.
See? I'm glad it's still morning. Also, the thumb across the neck gesture tells the opponent there is zero respect for the opponent - usually the All Blacks save that for the French.
gametimelinks [at] gmail.com