It's metaphorical. The whole idea of spring cleaning - taking stock of what you have, whether necessary or not, more than enough or not - holds true to the end of any sports season. It's a pain, it's messy, it's emotional, it's overwhelming. But it's necessary to move forward, to grow up, to get better and to find that awesome pair of shoes that have been hiding in the back of your closet.
So, maybe I'm not strictly talking about hockey here, but in my mind a hockey team is a wonderful wardrobe. The metaphor works - trust me.
I didn't really find anything.
- Patrick Warburton is best known as the voice of Kronk in The Emperor's New Groove. But he had another role, a role few people remember - Puddy. [WSJ]
- Yes. Another name I can't pronounce playing for the team in the city in which I live. [All Things Avalanche]
- Good. Grief. ENOUGH WITH THE SUTER TALK. [KuklasKorner]
- Nail Yakupov. Awesome name. Deserves more than Edmonton. [Five Minutes for Fighting]
- CBA negotiations. I like the idea of Bryzgalov as a poster child for long contracts, but aren't you forgetting Christian Ehrhoff? Yes, you are. [Down Goes Brown]
- BREAKING NEWS: Evgeni Malkin can score goals. [Puck Daddy]
- Little people playing hockey -- it's so cute. [Buzzing the Net]
Beer related thing of the Day:
This site at one point existed. It doesn't anymore. "Love Beer And Hockey? This is your site! From Lager to Jagr.. grab and pint and stop on by, we're here for YOU!" [Beer And Hockey]
Everything about this hurts.
Gametimelinks [at] gmail.com