Poignant that I"m leaving Texas on Cinco de Mayo, isn't it? It's summer which means it's Hartigan road trip season. I know you are saying, "but, hockey is still going on!" Yes, exactly. Making friends along the road is the quintessential experience and watching hockey in bars across the country is a surefire way to do that. Man, I should've been a truck driver. Enough dribble, more links.
- I wish Hitch had twitter. At the very least, someone should follow him all day tweeting what he says. [Post Dispatch]
- Injuries, sminjuries. [The Globe and Mail]
- Free hockey isn't really free. It's a rule to imbibe more during free hockey. It just is. And with the frequency of OT, that's just a lot of necessary drinking. [Defending Big D]
- A possible Shana-ban, or at least a second look. Whatever, see for yourself, make the call, tell us, then complain when whatever the general public wants gets passed over for what that guy wants to do for that particular day. Bitterness helps. [Puck Daddy]
- Hendricks is ballin and, bitch, he's playing hockey. [Capitals Insider]
- Rumor roundup. [The Hockey News]
- The Russian Machine seems to becoming The Russian Coffee Table Book. You see, it's a book that sits on a coffee table with pictures of Russians. Revolutionary of Bolshevik proportions. [The Globe and Mail]
- The Coyotes are winning. [The Hockey News]
I think next year we have a GT road trip to the Kentucky Derby infield.********* [Puck Daddy]
Badass Brewery of the Day:
They write poems about their beer. They also have a beer truck that visits places. This might be in my car right now. [Karbach Brewing]
My 12 hour drive today includes passing through Mobile, AL. Don't worry, I am protected from the impish ways of the Leprechaun. I'm not protected from time slowly passing by. Tweet funny things about the South to me. StephHartigan.
gametimelinks at gmail.com