Nope, Mackenzie MacEachern, you don't look ridiculous or anything. It's not you, it's the NHL.
If these trades keep happening, July 1 is going to be exciting as last year's trade deadline. Sure, it's Iggy's birthday, but I'm greedy and want more.
- Draftees, draftees, draftees, look at all these draftees! [PD]
- THIS. NHL STOP DOING THIS TO THE BLUES. Poor Nick Walters. "However, an interview was taking place on the broadcast at the time of St Louis' pick, meaning Walters didn't hear his name called." [HeraldNet]
- So a kid from Boston is drafted to the Blues. He should be at the development camp in July. (I'm intrigued by the mention of the development camp in July. Who? What? When? Where? Why? How? all apply) [ESPN Boston]
- The Associated Press discusses the Blues' draft weekend. [Daily Reporter]
- Well this is just bizarre. "The Winnipeg Jets acquired the free agent rights to goaltender Jonas Gustavsson on Saturday morning." [CBSSports.com]
- If the Habs fail to win the Cup in the next 5 years, can you imagine all of the riot opportunities? [Sporting News]
- Shaken, not stirred. Schenn for JvR straight up. [The Star]
- To be a fly on the wall for any of these trade "discussions." [The Chronicle Herald]
- Are the Blue Jackets really stockpiling goalies? I mean they haven't picked up one on the same level as Ty Conklin yet. [SI]
- Friend: "How old is Staal?" Me: "Six months younger than me." Friend: "How old are you?" Me: "Six months older than Staal." Repeat. Actual conversation last week. [NHL]
- I can't help but believe the Oilers are lacking in the defense area. [NHL]
- Note Great American Beer Festival is Oct 11-13 in Denver. Sounds like the perfect vacation to me. I mean Blues hockey and then a weekend of the best beer? I'm sold. I'll tweet pictures for you all. [GABF]
A street performer who is pretty awesome.