So hey, more records! Nice. I still want that shiny silver thing, though, the one they give out to the champion in June.
- The Blue Team was gonna win last night. Luckily, it was the one we all root for. Oh, and remember when David Backes started every season really slow? I don't either. RealBadRobot has the recap. [SLGT]
- Here's what it looked like from the Rangers' perspective. The game gave their fans hope. [Blueshirt Banter]
- Eleven games last night. I hear the Blues might've won. Ten other teams did too. [NHL.com]
- Four games today/tonight. The biggest might be Bobby Ryan's return to Anaheim. [NHL.com]
- Roberto Luongo will get endless blame for this own goal because LOLongo, but in reality, it's NOT his fault. It's Dan Hamhuis's fault. As it turns out, this was the game-winner as the visiting Canadiens defeated the host Canucks 4-1. [Puck Daddy]
- Tomas Hertl, he of the fancy moves to score goals, scored another goal but left with an injury in the Sharks' win over the Senators last night. [USA Today]
- Nathan Gerbe has a lot to prove, and a lot on his mind after tragedy struck this preseason. He's also very short. And he's also had a great start with the Hurricanes thus far. [Puck Daddy]
- Originally attributed to Matt Nieto, this was actually Jason Demers rocking a fucking beautiful pink suit before last night's game. Damnit, now I need a suit like this. [Twitter / @jeffmadams]
- The family of Ruslan Salei, one of many lost in the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl tragedy, tried to reach Ruslan via a television psychic. This is creepy. [Puck Daddy]
- A USHL game in Cedar Rapids, IA was suspended, then postponed after Dubuque defenseman Dylan Chanter suffered a serious injury during (actually, it might've been AFTER) a fight. Yep, here comes THAT debate again. [SBN College Hockey]
- In a battle of overzealous asshat high school football officials and Louisiana police officers just trying to do their job, the cops win. Don't be an asshat, no matter what colors you're wearing. [Deadspin]
- Air Canada loses a woman's dog. Air Canada's response? NBD. People then rightfully lose their shit. [Y! / The Sideshow]
Full highlights of last night's win. Because being 4-0-0 is awesome. Also, I'm not gonna lie . . . that goal by Vladimir Tarasenko might have given me a boner. Have a look:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
It's Sunday, which means Brian will likely have some prospect stuff for you later today. He's the best. You gotta read it.
Also, tomorrow's probably gonna be an open bar. But I dunno yet.