Hey, the Blues didn't lose last night and none of their players did shitbird-like things. THE POSITIVES.
- Please get Maxim Lapierre off J-Mill's hockey team. [SLGT]
- Well, the NHL is working on that. Lapierre's been offered an in-person hearing and he'll be in New York on Friday, which means he'll miss tonight's game against the Blackhawks and tomorrow night's game in Winnipeg. [NHL.com]
- Logan Couture says Lapierre was chirping at the Sharks bench that something was going to happen. So yeah, Lapierre's getting like 10 games. [Working The Corners]
- Beyond Checkerdome Episode 13 obviously was recorded before Tuesday's shitshow. And we don't apologize. You better Goddamn believe Joe Thornton was discussed. [SLGT]
- Jake Allen is from the Maritimes, so it's not a big shocker that he likes to fish. So he decided to put something about fishing on his mask. [In Goal Magazine]
- I'll post recaps of both of last night's games in a bit, but here were the scores. [NHL.com]
- TWELVE games tonight. I hear the Blues might be playing in one of them. [NHL.com]
- The Rangers actually won a game, and it was a shutout . . . 2-0 over the Capitals . . . . [Blueshirts United]
- . . . . But the game wasn't without controversy. Troy Brouwer hit Derek Stepan in the head, and while Brouwer says it was an accident, the Rangers aren't buying it. [Puck Daddy]
- Speaking of Alain Vigneault, someone photobombed his interview with Pierre McGuire in an utterly creepy way, with a love note to Brad Richards. [Twitter / @cjzero]
- The Ducks have not lost at home to the Flames since 2004, and thanks to a 3-2 victory last night, that continues. By the way, that's TWO LOCKOUTS worth of home victories against a conference opponent. Holy shit. [Ducks]
- Speaking of the Flames, they previewed their new third sweater last Friday, and it apparently proves the NHL 14 "accidental" leak correct. Which is a damn shame. Drop date? October 27th. [Icethetics]
- Matt Cooke thinks he can help change Patrick Kaleta, who is in the middle of a 10-game suspension for being a shithead. Yeah, good luck with that, fucko. [ESPN]
- A restaurant in Moscow features a staff made of twins and ONLY twins. Speaking of shit that is creepy. [Y! Odd News]
- 15 years ago, a grandfather put a £50 bet on 2500/1 odds against his grandson, then an infant, playing for Wales. Smart, cheeky fucker . . . he's now gonna retire on his £125,000 winnings. [Deadspin]
Metal, as played by the Avett Brothers. If you can't laugh at this, we probably can't be friends.
FUCKING ROCK, DUDE.
J-Mill has your weekend, unless he gets locked up for murdering Lappy first. So send him some shit:
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
Also, lots of stuff posting today, including my favorite rite of fall and hockey season . . . CrossCheckRaise's first Road Music post of the season. You won't want to miss it.