I'm actually not that angry about the Cardinals game last night. But I'll spout about what REALLY pissed me off about it later . . . though you've probably figured it out if you can read headlines.
It's Monday. You want links. I've got links. Let's link it up! #HighFive
- Episode 15 of Beyond Checkerdome will be coming at you soon. It was . . . not nearly as good as last week, but we had a blast.
- Brian's Prospect Sunday info . . . for everything you'd ever want to know about Blues prospects and more. [SLGT; SLGT; SLGT]
- Sean Leahy has some good stuff about Alexander Steen, his hot start and whether or not he's "underrated". [Puck Daddy]
- Jeff has an open letter to the Nashville Predators organization and their fans. It's a good read with valid points. Though I'm still pissed about the Chris Pronger trade. And quite a bit more about the Bill Laurie Era. Fuck that guy. [SLGT]
- Five games last night. Here were the scores. Apparently the Avalanche(s) think the Stanley Cup is given out at the end of October. Holy shit, they keep winning. [NHL.com]
- Five games tonight. And for once, NBCSN isn't going to torture the earth with a shitty Buffalo team. Instead . . . it's the home opener for a shitty New York Rangers squad. More on Buffalo . . . next. [NHL.com]
- Big news . . . the Sabres traded Thomas Vanek to the Islanders for Matt Moulson, a '14 first round pick and a '15 second round pick. Some think the Sabres fleeced the Isles. I disagree. Moulson isn't much without John Tavares, actually, and now he's on a MUCH WORSE team while Vanek gets to join a young, talented group on Long Island. Both are UFA's after the season. [SB Nation]
- I like Hockey Night in Canada. I like The Arcade Fire. The two mixed yesterday in last night's Hockey Night in Canada intro. And it was fucking creepy. And awesome. [Deadspin]
- Greg Wyshynski interviewed Bobby Orr recently. If you regularly listen to the Marek vs. Wyshynski podcast, you know this interview didn't start well. [Puck Daddy]
- Everybody from the Bobby Ryan trade seems to be getting hurt . . . except for Bobby Ryan, of course. Young Ducks forward Jakob Silfverberg will be out 4 to 6 weeks with a broken hand. [SI NHL]
- The Flames unveiled their new third sweaters yesterday. I think they're a bit of a dud, but then again, I fucking LOVED their old-school thirds from recent years. [Flames]
- What's NOT a dud, though, is this Calgary Fire Department helmet that the Flames give to their player of the game. Look at that beauty. [Puck Daddy]
- Brandon Dubinsky hit Saku Koivu in the head with an elbow. Usually that draws the attention of the Player Safety Cops. [USA Today]
- Scottie Upshall sprayed Lightning(s) youngster Radko Gudas with a water bottle yesterday while he lay on the ice next to the Panthers bench. Gudas did what any rationally-thinking human would do . . . slash the shit out of the Panthers bench. Gudas got 2, 10 and a game. Upshall just got two, and he should've gotten more. [Puck Daddy]
- Martin Hanzal hit Jeff Petry in the head when the Coyotes played the Oilers Saturday. So he'll get to talk on the phone with the Player Safety Cops. [azcentral.com]
- The Hurricanes have lost Cam Ward for a month and are just now getting Anton Khudobin back from injury. So they're short a goalie. Who do they turn to? Yep, you guessed it . . . Rick DiPietro . Because that can't get more hilarious. [Charlotte Checkers]
- In my neck of the woods, a couple transients got into a fight over a pork chop. [KPAX]
- Had any member of the Red Sox other than Jonny Gomes gotten the game-winning RBI last night, I'd probably have less than no problem with it. I do not like Jonny Gomes. I think he is a douchebag and a detriment to his sport. And also, a complete dick who should be lucky that a team as good as the Red Sox thinks he's useful. And yet, there he is . . . Jonny Gomes, World Series Game 4 hero. Fuck. You. [SB Nation]
- Something dressed kinda like the Jaguars mascot "streaked" onto the pitch at Wembley Stadium during the 49ers-Jaguars game last night. [SB Nation]
- Sad day in the world of rock and roll. The legendary Lou Reed has died at age 71. [Gawker]
- And because rock and roll couldn't have enough bad news yesterday, Fleetwood Mac bassist and co-founder John McVie was recently diagnosed with cancer and they had to cancel a tour because of it. For reference to anyone unaware, Fleetwood Mac is what Lady Antebellum would sound like if Lady Antebellum had any fucking talent whatsoever. [CNN Showbiz]
- Midwestern squirrels are strong. A community college in Iowa says one of those bastards vandalized a bike on campus. [Y! / AP]
The University of Maryland Marching Band is fucking awesome. Dr. Who, Game Of Thrones, The Avengers and Pirates of the Caribbean, all in one halftime show. (S/T to Kate)
Why yes, I'm a nerd. Why do you ask?
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
RBR will have a wallpaper for your consumption in a little while.