Oh hi, rest of the league. Our boys are pretty good right now.
And if you're in the Central Division, your team is probably good too.
- It was a battle, but Alexander Steen did it again, scoring on a late power play with just under a minute remaining to help lift the Blues to a 3-2 victory over the Jets last night. Jaroslav Halak . . . well, he did very well. It's like he's a starting goalie or something. [SLGT]
- Steen leads the league in goals. He's played a couple less games than the guy below him, a guy you may have heard of . . . Alexander Ovechkin, who is . . . uhh, kinda good. [SLGT]
- As you may have seen on the "BREAKING NEWS" line . . . St. Louis Game Time now has a Google Plus page. You may want to look out for Facebook changes soon as well, but . . . one thing at a time. +1 us! [G+]
- Before the game, Hildy noted that the Blues website is getting creative. [SLGT]
- Scores from last night. You might've heard about one of them. [NHL.com]
- Tonight, you get four games. But none of them involve the Blues, so fuck 'em, right? [NHL.com]
- Maple Leafs president (errrrr . . . Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment president) Tim Leiweke is insane. [National Post]
- Part of the Thomas Vanek salary will still be paid by the Sabres, who did so to get a bit of draft pick control, and even then the Isles hold a lot of the cards. I still haven't figured out how Darcy Regier hasn't been fucking fired yet. [TSN]
- Flames defenseman and Captain Mark Giordano will be out two months. That's gonna suck for them. Meanwhile, our old pal Lee Stempniak is gonna be out for a bit as well. [Matchsticks & Gasoline]
- Rob Scuderi has a broken ankle, and the Penguins are acting like they'll miss him. Though I'm not totally sold that they'll miss him so much, but whatever. [Pensburgh]
- Jaromir Jagr broke a record! Oh wait, no he didn't! Here's a correction! Fuck the Devils! Wait, what? [Puck Daddy]
- Enjoy this hilarious typo from the Rangers' Twitter account following a goal review on Monday. [The New York Rangers Blog]
- Jeff Beukeboom, former NHL'er and the father of FORMER Blues prospect Brock Beukeboom, recently put in his two cents on the player safety shitstorm of the league. [Hockey Primetime]
- The ECHL's Reading Royals will be wearing THESE monstrosities tonight. Scaaaaaary. [Puck Daddy]
- Professional lunkhead Matthew Barnaby and our old buddy Jay McKee, former Sabres teammates, re-enact Barnaby's 2011 DUI for Halloween. Because that's just fucking smart. This is just not Buffalo's year. [Busted Coverage]
- Yesterday was National Cat Day. To celebrate, Cheezburger and a car service delivered kittens to certain locales in some highly-populated areas. [Y! / The Sideshow]
- The Cardinals had plane trouble ahead of their flight to Boston for Game 6. And they had fun with it. [Deadspin]
Fuck it. Watch the highlights again. You KNOW you want to.
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
Episode 15 of Beyond Checkerdome comes your way later. I actually got to drink a beer during the broadcast. SCORE!