That was a fun first 10 minutes, wasn't it? Let's do that more often!
Celebrate our first 2 points with some sweet, sweet clickables!
- The Blues opened up the season with a 4-2 home win over the
PerdsPreds. All of our GT recappers were predisposed (I suppose), so here's the O-fficial recap: [Blues]
- View from the other side of the fence: [On the Forecheck]
- Our resident #FancyStats man RobTufts brings you a chart of the Blues last few seasons of PDO, as a predictor of what kind of luck they'll have this year. I'll be honest, I'm not sure I get how "1000 eventually happens just cuz," but that's why it's Rob's job. My job is to bring you links while making nerdy dick jokes. [SLGT]
- If you haven't bought your online subscription to St. Louis Game Time: The "News"paper, you should be ashamed of yourself. Here's how to repent. [SLGT]
- I finally got to meet some of the GT crew last night, which was fun. Tonight there will be an Official GTGT, just in case you'd like to meet the poor schmuck linking shit on the weekends. [SLGT]
- There were other games last night, believe it or not. The biggest result: Calgary had a 3-0 lead in DC, but dramatically came from ahead to lose 5-4 in a shootout. [NHL.com]
- Who's playing tonight? Well, I'm glad I pretended like you asked! [NHL.com]
- The president of the Buffalo Sabres has finally commented on the terrible third jerseys. He said something about having to 'eat them,' which frankly would be best if he did so before they see the ice. [Puck Daddy]
- Remember when the Philadelphia Flyers traded away Mike "LEADERSHIP!" Richards and Jeff "Are You Gonna Finish That Coke?" Carter so they could give Ilya Bryzgalov a 9-year contract? Yeeeeaaaaah...Bryzzy is currently with the Las Vegas Wranglers of the ECHL...on a tryout deal. [The Hockey News]
- Apparently, the Hart Trophy is already Sidney Crosby's to lose. Sounds a bit premature, I know, but it would seem that the only thing in his way would be staying healthy. In any case, Harrison Mooney lists 5 possible usurpers to The Kid's 2nd Hart Trophy. My money's on number 4 (unfortunately). [Puck Daddy]
- What does your favorite style of beer say about you? [Sad & Useless]
- Pepe, a defender for Real Madrid, had a gash opened above his eye during a Champions League match this week. He had his face stapled and went right back on the field. But yeah, all soccer players are pussies...[sarcastic wanking motion] [Huff Post]
- Here's a fun fact: did you know that through a specially lobbied-for legal loophole, the NFL is legally considered a non-profit organization, and is thus exempt from paying any taxes? Perhaps this is skimming pretty close to the political no-no zone, but I think we can ALL agree that that's fucking ridiculous. [Sports on Earth]
- Words are dirty. Even normal, everyday words probably have something to do with testicles. I'm not making that up, I swear. [Mental_Floss]
Ken Elliott passes along "The Hockey Song." Only it's not THE Hockey Song, it's a different one. About a Canadian fighter who just wants to score a goal. It'll make you tear up. Or something.
Who's the best Simpsons character? Obviously the answer is Groundskeeper Willie, but I'll let you decide once and for all below. But here's why I'm right and you're wrong.
Send me shit. By which I mean links to internet sites, preferably for videos and/or articles. Please don't send me actual shit.
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com