When Litter Box Cats asked Rob & me which Blue they should be most worried about, we had two different answers. Mine was Jaden Schwartz (1 goal, 2 assists, and a fight where he didn't die), while Rob's was "everyone." Let's see how this "everyone" fella did:
Everyone: 7 goals; 10 assists; 34 shots on goal; 23 hits; 12 blocked shots; 58% on faceoffs; 60:00 TOI
Perhaps we're good for a bit more than just dick jokes and swear words around these parts, eh?
- Seven. To. Nothing. CrossCheckRaise has your recap, but that's all you really need to know. [SLGT]
- Ok, there's one other thing you need to know: the shutout was Jaroslav Halak's 17th as a Blue, making him the franchise's all-time leader in that category. Which sounds impressive, until you hear that Brian Elliott's next goose egg will put him in a tie for 3rd place with Roman fraking Turek. That said, congratulations Jaro - and eat it, haters! [Blues]
- As reward, Jerry got the coveted 3rd Star of the Night from Harrison Mooney. [Puck Daddy]
- Kevin Shattenkirk wants to play for Team America: Fuck Yeah! Because he is a patriot. [Blues]
- I would highlight the 7 power play opportunities against last night as an area of concern, but so far the Blues PK is 11/11, having only given up 5 shots. It's still early, but it's hard to do much better. [STLToday]
- With Jaro's hot start and a run of top opponents and off days ahead, it might be awhile before we see Brian Elliott in the Blues net, but if you're really missing him, you can always enjoy his hallway tennis ball drills. [Frozen Notes]
- I mentioned this before and hopefully DK will remind you, but in addition to Wednesday's game against the Blackhawks being a Wednesday Night Rivalry game on NBCSports, Tuesday night at 9:30 central will feature the debut of the network's new program 'NHL Rivals,' the first of which will document the Blues-Blackhawks blood feud. Set your DVRs/life events accordingly. [Puck the Media]
- The Bruins beat down the Redwings 4-1, Toronto, Columbus, and Tampa Bay beat Ottawa, the Islanders, and Chicago respectively, all in shootouts, and other things happened. [NHL.com]
- Light schedule tonight: Flyers in Carolina, Ducks in Winnipeg, and the Nucks in Calgary. [NHL.com]
- How did you spend your Saturday morning? Joel Ward spent his trapped in the bathroom. [Puck Daddy]
- Ryan Callahan will be all set to play for the first time this year on Monday. [SBNation NHL]
- Flyers coach Peter Laviolette is angry over some bad investments. Also, he's suing Bank of America for $3 million over alleged fraud. [SBNation NHL]
- Jack Nicklaus dropped the puck in Columbus the other night. But he never decided to mix lemonade and iced tea, so I don't care. Also, golf's not a sport. [SBNation NHL]
- It's Sunday, so find out which NFL games are on in your market. Note: if you can stomach watching the Rams-Jaguars play something akin to football, it'll be on CBS today. [506 Sports]
- The shutdown has closed state parks across the country, ruining the plans of hundreds of couple who were planning on getting married there this month. To help out one such couple this week, Stephen Colbert legally performed their marriage on his show - with the help of Mandy Patinkin, Audra McDonald, and Smokey The Bear. [Vulture]
- Reason number 573 that Canada sucks: the Queen of England is technically still in charge of Canada. In fact, she has actual, real world duties relating to Canadian goings-on. Here are but a few: [Mental_Floss]
- SMU tied Rutgers late in the 4th quarter yesterday on a RIDICULOUS two-point conversion - and they didn't even need to buy the kid a car first! But seriously, you need to see this! [Deadspin]
The Blues scored a touchdown last night - time to learn an endzone dance!
All of the fighting, game misconducts, and dirty play at the end of the game last night really taught an important lesson...and to find out what it is, we turn to THE WHEEL OF MORALITY!
We'll have another EA Sports-themed post up later this morning, plus it's Sunday, which means the St. Louis Game Time Prospects Department will open it's doors for Prospects Sunday.
Tomorrow, Donut King shall return. Greet him properly with gifts and songs of praise. Or just tweet him a story about a funny goalie mask. Either one's acceptable.
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
Hey, remember when we scored 7 goals? That was fun - let's do it again some time! Does Wednesday work for you guys?