Not to bitch about my work schedule lately, but things are transitioning to a new deal and because of that AND a morning meeting, I completely forgot to do links or post an open bar yesterday. My bad.
I will make up for it by . . . ummmm, doing my job. Which is to post a shit-ton of links. So I'm gonna do that.
So hey, come read those links.
- More links sponsored by NHL14, this one about the "thrill of the big hit" . . . something T.J. Oshie knows a bit about. Hildy has more. [SLGT]
- Prospect Sunday! Here's all of Brian's work from over the weekend. A wealth of info, including the main article, "Trending Up" and "On The Horizon". [SLGT; SLGT; SLGT]
- Jeff has some interesting shot data after the first two games. [SLGT]
- CanesAndBluesFan has more of a macro view of the Blues' shooting percentage, taking into account the last five seasons in this FanPost. [SLGT]
- The annual Blues 14 Fund Golf Classic was held yesterday at Norwood Hills Country Club. Fuck Cancer. [Blues]
- I wasn't aware video was also out about the 14 Fund Classic, too. Luckily, my podcasting partner-in-crime CrossCheckRaise pointed me in the right direction. Always a great charity event. [Blues]
- Unless you've been living under a rock for the last week, you know the Blues are off to a hot start. Supposedly, they let Eric Duhatschek of the Globe and Mail in on the secret, and he wrote about it. (S/T again to CrossCheckRaise) [Globe & Mail]
- Since I forgot to post Sunday's scores, here they are (Hurricanes over Flyers, Ducks over Jets, Canucks over Flames in overtime). [NHL.com]
- Two east coast teams traveled to play western teams last night. The results follow (Rangers over Kings -- more on that later -- and Oilers over Devils in a shootout). [NHL.com]
- Eight games on tap tonight. None of them involve the Blues, so fuck 'em all. [NHL.com]
- Zach Bogosian is not Alex Pietrangelo, apparently. [III Communication]
- Also LOL-worthy . . . Jonathan Quick, who should really consider never playing the puck outside of the crease ever again, it seems. [Puck Daddy]
- Training camp for the St. Charles Chill opened yesterday, and Randall has the lowdown. I seriously am rooting for Tate Maris to make this team, mind you. [SLGT]
- If you're so inclined, please go help out the folks at Anaheim Calling as they raise funds for SK, one of their writers, who recently was involved in a serious car accident. [Anaheim Calling]
- Chris Pronger's career is over, his goalies are Steve Mason and Ray Emery and his general manager makes decisions like he's on fucking shrooms, yet apparently the Flyers' 0-3-0 start is all Peter Laviolette's fault. Laviolette was fired Monday morning, replaced on an interim basis by assistant coach Craig Berube. [CSN Philly]
- I'll assume Jay Feaster is behind the Flames' third sweaters that may have been leaked by NHL 14. Being that he's not a great decision maker, it would be the only way these thirds make sense, because these are shit. [Icethetics]
- Shawn Horcoff, who is old, got two minutes for "you can't do that", according to Mike Leggo, who is a dick. [Puck Daddy]
- Vladimir Sobotka and Roman Polak both have a solid chance of making the Czech Republic Olympic hockey roster, and if they do, they'll have to wear these things. Seriously, Nike sucks at hockey sweaters. [CBS Sports Eye On Hockey]
- New Jersey Devils fans and I agree on something . . . fuck Bon Jovi. [Puck Daddy]
- Add Clarke MacArthur to the growing list of former Maple Leafs players who did not care for Randy Carlyle. [SportsNet]
- Here's a bunch of shitty Jersey Fouls. Thankfully, no Blues fouls, but several Conference III representatives in the mix. [Puck Daddy]
- Mike Brown is up for the Robert Goulet Memorial Mustached American of the Year award. He's gonna lose to Geraldo Rivera, though. We all KNOW that. [American Mustache Institute]
- Ryan Lambert takes the Vancouver media to task in his weekly What We Learned piece. [Puck Daddy]
- Also in that piece was a link about Paul Kariya and the Ducks. He apparently is a bit bitter about how his career ended, and I can't really blame him for that. (S/T to . . . yep, CrossCheckRaise) [Orange County Register]
- Why do I love Jarome Iginla? Well, apart from being a surefire Hall of Famer, he's one of a few guys who isn't ready to give up on fighting in the NHL. Thank you, Jarome. #Iggy4Lyfe [Boston Globe]
- The Cardinals beat the Pirates 2-1, forcing a Game 5 in St. Louis on . . . yep, Wednesday. Things will be a bit busy downtown that day, so plan your drinking schedule accordingly. [Cardinals]
- The NFL is all about breast cancer awareness, but the pink penalty flags were a bit too much. So they're getting rid of them. Thank. Fucking. God. [Deadspin]
- Someone's dropping deuces in the clothes dryers at Yale University. I swear this is not a #ProjectMayhem production. [Y! / AP]
Kate passes along a video that proves there's NO manly way to apply chapstick.
Nope. Not possible.
And . . . Winnipeg waves goodbye to Teemu Selanne in classy fashion:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com