Hello again. There's a game tonight? Oh. Joy.
- They play the Blackhawks tonight in the Blues' first real test of the young season. You should probably watch it. Set your drinking schedule normally.
- Scores from last night. [NHL.com]
- Games today. I hear there might be a couple Midwestern teams playing each other. [NHL.com]
- As both CrossCheckRaise and RealBadRobot pointed out to me, Former Blues forward and number one Selke Award finalist for life, Jay McClement, missed the Maple Leafs' morning skate and last night's game with the Avalanche due to the birth of his child. Congrats, Silent Jay! #JSelke [SportsNet]
- Last night, everything was about Tomas Hertl. He scored four goals against the Rangers in a 9-2 ass-whooping. His fourth goal was nothing short of insane. [SB Nation]
- "How do you feel, Tomas?" "Ummmmmmmmmm, dream!" [Puck Daddy]
- James Neal may have injured himself playing wiffle ball on the ice. If so, he is a complete dumbass, as are his bosses. [CBS Sports Eye On Hockey]
- Broke video game maker, baseball player and noted asshole Curt Schilling has to sell his backyard ice-rink-making tools. [Backyard Hockey]
- Ryan Lambert basically reads my mind regarding the Peter Laviolette firing. [The Score / Backhand Shelf]
- Speaking of which . . . who's getting shit-canned next? My money's on Muller. [Puck Daddy]
- But hey, the Red Wings don't have to employ goons. They already have Justin Abdelkader! [Boston Herald / Bruins Insider]
- An English league hockey player was suspended 47 games for continuing a brawl in the tunnel, then was cut by his team. Because that's just a dick move, bro. [Deadspin]
- Atlanta Braves players apparently boycotted the first pitch of local legend, Chipper Jones, because they're selfish pricks who "care about the integrity of the game" or whatever. Fuck you, Atlanta Braves, and good riddance to your sorry asses. [Deadspin]
- A $1MM Powerball ticket went unclaimed from Indiana for six months and is now considered to be an abandoned prize. Dumb shit. [Y! / The Sideshow]
- The USA, via map that outlines each region's favorite sport. Lots of football on there, but hockey IS represented very well. [Deadspin]
Childhood Trauma helps us get ready for tonight's Blues-Blackhawks game with a video from 1991 that featured Mike Bush and . . . yes, former KSDK sports third-wheel and now ESPN NFL desk jockey, Trey motherfucking Wingo! Also features Mike Keenan being his dickheaded self.
That video is SO 1991, it's not even funny.
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
Lots of content later, including all the game previews and reviews you could ever need for tonight's Blues-Blackhawks game. Also, Beyond Checkerdome Episode 12 posts this afternoon.