Everyone please send your best to Game Time: The Paper editor in chief, Brad Lee. Yesterday was a rough one for him.
Onward to links.
- No real Blues news yesterday. But NHL.com correspondent Lou Korac and five of his friends (presumably, Jeremy Rutherford was one of them) put away nearly 100 hot wings at the legendary Anchor Bar in Buffalo, home of the ORIGINAL Buffalo-Style Chicken Wing. See the carnage! [Twitter / @lkorac10]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE BUFFALO SABRES:
- The 2013-14 Buffalo Sabres are basically the 2005-06 Blues, with more talent, more money and fewer likeable players. The folks at Die By The Blade deserve our undying respect for sticking with these boys. Grant them that respect. Go visit them. [Die By The Blade]
John Scott is a dumbass. And admitted as much. Well, kinda, I suppose. [Buffalo Hockey Beat]
- Scores. Only three games last night. [NHL.com]
- Ten games tonight. I hear one of them is in Buffalo. [NHL.com]
- Ryan Lambert wonders if the Ducks will make the right moves with their bumper crop of talent in his weekly What We Learned piece. [Puck Daddy]
- 75 year old lady does beer bongs at the Penn State tailgate. Goddamnit, what a lady! [Deadspin]
- Pong on a 60,000 square foot screen? Fuck yeah, nerds! [Y! / AP]
DanGNR brought to my attention this Mental Floss video about 50 science misconceptions, not because it's awesome but because Hank Green refers to my adopted hometown of Missoula, Montana (Hank lives here). But this video is awesome:
Wanna be regionally famous? Send me an e-mail with a link or a video:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
Look for some gameday stuff later today.