J-Mill had a bit of an internet emergency last night, DM'd me at about 1am MDT . . . and I had passed out already due to lack of sleep from the prior night. SWYD? Yeah, fuck that. Maybe I should.
So this'll be a bit light and, thanks to last night, heavy on Blues content. Let's start, shall we?
- In a game that had no business being ended on a Goddamn gimmick show, the Blues DID defeat the Bruins 3-2 in a shootout last night. Thank you, Derek Roy. [SLGT]
- How Sarah Connors saw it. Tuukka Rask Angry Gif included. [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
- After the game, Barret Jackman trolls Bruins fans, as explained by Kelly Chase. [SLGT]
- Jaroslav Halak earned Puck Daddy's Third Star of the Night last night. BUT HE SUCKS TRADE HIM NOW RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE [Puck Daddy]
- Before the game, our own Brad Lee hit the airwaves to talk SAINT LOUIS BLOOZOCKY. And now that he has time on his hands, he'll probably be on the podcast soon. [SLGT]
- Scores from last night. Some interesting results, but especially that Devils at Kings game considering the shots on goal differential. More on that game in a bit. [NHL.com]
- Games. Five of them tonight. [NHL.com]
- Apparently the NHL's policy is to ditch something that doesn't work perfectly, and according to Ryan Lambert in his weekly Trending Topics piece, that's pretty Goddamn stupid. (And I agree with him, this time.) [Puck Daddy]
- #JagrForever [USA Today]
- Also during that game, thanks to a hold-and-a-dive . . . there were two minutes of 3-on-3 hockey. It was insane. I'd rather have this than a shootout. [Puck Daddy]
- Big news today is that it is the 50th anniversary of the assassination of John Fitzgerald Kennedy. The Dallas Morning News has been doing a retrospective all year about the event. It is good. [Dallas Morning News]
Oh, you know you want to watch the highlights again. I'm not gonna stop you. In fact, I'll encourage it:
FACKIN' AWESOME, KED.
So yeah, this was a bit unexpected. But I was already slated to do links tomorrow, so please send me your links, videos and all that:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
J-Mill will return Sunday . . . and, maybe, Monday, if he'd like.