Hey, shit is great when the Blues win. Don't believe me? Well, you're not a Blues fan, then.
I'm actually sober today, so your links will not be incoherent rambling jackassery. It'll be coherent rambling jackassery.
- Two goals from Alexander Steen (including the empty-netter) and a goal by Vladimir Sobotka, plus a 22-save shutout from Jaroslav Halak. So yeah, I'd say the Blues did okay against the Wild(s). 3-0 shutout win. CounterfeitOutstandingHominid, what say you? [SLGT]
- I completely forgot to post Brian's Prospect Sunday yesterday in my drunken stupor. I shall correct this error now. [SLGT; SLGT]
- Before the game, Hildy let us know that the Blues moved up from 30th to 28th on the Forbes NHL team valuation list. I'm guessing the lack of people showing up contributes to the low value. START SHOWING UP TO GAMES, ASSHOLES. [SLGT]
- Scores. God the Eastern Conference is horrible. [NHL.com]
- Only one game tomorrow, and it's gonna be on national television. The Stars will host the Ducks on NBCSN. [NHL.com]
- 10 former NHL players filed a lawsuit against the league, claiming negligence on the issue of head injuries in the game. [Mel Owens]
- Ugh. Buffalo. These thirds are as fucking terrible as the Sabres are this year. [Puck Daddy]
- Kevin Westgarth? Yep, the Hurricanes forward will probably get suspended for an illegal hit. [NHL.com]
- It's the Bruins and everyone else in the Leastern Conference, writes Ryan Lambert in his weekly "What We Learned" piece. I can't disagree with that. [Puck Daddy]
- Less than a year after asking to be traded by the Predators, Martin Erat has now asked the Capitals to trade him. Yep, not gonna get much there. [Washington Post / Capitals Insider]
- Lightning(s) forward Steven Stamkos is fucking superhuman. He's only two weeks removed from surgery to repair a broken tibia and he's walking without a noticeable limp and without crutches, a boot or a cast. Unreal. [CBS Sports Eye On Hockey]
- The Perds are America, and so can you. [Puck Daddy]
- Bob McKenzie reports via Twitter that Canada's English-speaking NHL TV rights will be undergoing a big shift for a lot of money and a long term. Official announcement is expected today. [Twitter / @TSNBobMcKenzie]
- Is James Reimer the best goaltender in the league? Well, after letting in six against the Blue Jackets . . . I'm gonna say . . . probably not. [Toronto Star]
- This is posted not for the article, but for embattled Toronto mayor Rob Ford wearing an ill-fitting Blackhawks sweater. Ugh. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [Chicago Sun-Times]
- Name That Blue. NHL edition. There are also standard and NFL editions. In case you have a lot of time to kill. (S/T to hildymac) [Name That Blue]
- Let's assess all the injuries from the Home Alone movies, shall we? (S/T to RealBadRobot . . . who only gets one name change per post. Sorry!) [The Week]
- Cheap bourbons, ranked. [Deadspin]
- This is as good an advertisement as any for personalized license plates, so you don't get a random dumb plate like this and (somehow) get offended by it. [Y! Sports NHL]
James Franco and Seth Rogen had a shit-ton of time on their hands, so they decided to parody the Kanye West/Kim Kardashian "Bound 2" video, shot-for-shot. (Video NSFW, music not safe for ears . . . it's fucking horrible, IMHO) (S/T to RBR):
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
Beyond Checkerdome Episode 19 posts a day early because of the holiday and Wednesday's game. We had a friend from Boston on with us. It was a good recording, I'd say.