It's Thanksgiving and there's a lot of shit to cover, so let's cut to the chase. So much to talk about that the GAME ITSELF gets its' own space in the links.
BLUES GAME NEWS:
- The Avalanche(s) want a rivalry with the Blues, but they've now been outscored 11-4 by the Blues. Yep, the Blues won 4-1. NonexistingOverparHumanlike has post-game words, videos and tweets. [SLGT]
- Before the game, Patrick Bordeleau and Chris Stewart had words. Bordeleau, a noted brawler, scored the lone Avs goal on a broken play after a Maxim Lapierre turnover, while Stewart, who sometimes brawls, scored the empty-netter to ice it. (Thanks to Fred Murtz for the video) [SLGT]
- Some fireworks after the game between Patrick Roy and Ken Hitchcock. Roy says Hitch chirps too much at opposing players. Hitch tells Roy, in so many words, to get fucked with a rusty hammer. [The Score]
- And I think foreshadowing was a bit involved. [Twitter / @Russostrib]
- During the game, a Blackhawks fan had some bad things to say about the blues to Jeremy Rutherford. But hey, check out the tweet before it. #SmallBoobs (S/T to BlueNoteUK) [Twitter / @grantsales]
OTHER BLUES LINKS:
- Robb uses heat maps to show where the Blues are shooting from on the ice and where they're scoring from. SURPRISE! A lot of shots and goals come from close range. [SLGT]
- St. Louis sports internet comedy superstar Matt Sebek with another gem . . . "Smells Like Steen Spirit". [Twitter / @MattSebek]
- A shitload of games last night. Calgary sucks, and we've talked about the Avs, so that leaves 11 other losers yesterday. [NHL.com]
- Two games for your Thanksgiving evening. [NHL.com]
- Rogers SportsNet a winner, TSN a loser in Ryan Lambert's weekly Power Rankings. Because, well, obviously. [Puck Daddy]
- An AHL player does a massive barrel roll after getting epically destroyed by an opposing player. Link includes video AND gif. (S/T to simpson316) [Deadspin]
- Red Wings defenseman Jonathan Ericsson once was "Mr. Irrelevant" in the NHL Draft. Now he's a very overpaid defenseman. [MLive.com]
- Actually, I don't really have any turkey shit for you. I don't even have any turkey for you. Enjoy your Thanksgiving. And if you have to work like I do, enjoy time-and-a-half, if you get that.
TURKEY BOWLING! Highly appropriate and relevant (and fun) video by a recurring character of the Game Time links . . . the Bakersfield Condors:
I get the rest of the weekend off from being a link rat, provided J-Mill doesn't have technical errors. Send J-Mill stuff:
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
And fuck Black Friday. Enjoy Thanksgiving, the greatest holiday ever created.