Light links today - enjoy your Sunday with football, futball, other hockey, or if you're like me, more than likely a day-long nap with an alarm set for 10 minutes before The Walking Dead comes on.
Also, if you're in the US (other than Arizona and...Indiana, I think?) and you haven't yet, be sure to set your clocks back one hour, because daylight savings time ended today. Or began, I can never remember which is which. All I know is that extra hour you think you just got was at 2 am this morning, so if you think you're gaining time, congratulations, you've already lost it! Coincidentally, I haven't actually been asleep for that extra hour we get for several years - perhaps even the better part of the last decade. Fucking high school-induced insomnia/college-induced insomnia/general insomnia.
Enough digresstions, for we have (a few) LINKS TO CLICK!
- The Blues fell to the Lightning last night 4-2. Ashley, aka UnimaginativeSubparAstrodroid, has your recap. [SLGT]
- For the other side of the coin, check out Raw Charge's extremely thorough recap from the Tampa perspective, complete with #FancyStats charts, practical observations, and some kind words on Jaroslav Halak. [Raw Charge]
- For some reason I completely forgot to mention this in yesterday's links, but on Friday night, Ken Hitchcock tied Jacques Martin (himself a former Blues coach) for 10th all-time in NHL coaching wins with 613. [STLToday]
- Last night's winners: [NHL.com]
- Today's games - there are three, and quite frankly none of them look that interesting. [NHL.com]
- Remember the All-Star Game that was supposed to be in Columbus last year, but that was canceled because the Minnesota Wild "couldn't" pay the huge free agent contracts they had literally just signed days earlier? The Ohio capital will get a second chance next year - assuming the whole thing doesn't happen again. [SBNation NHL]
- Buffalo released Patrick Kaleta immediately as his 10 game suspension expired. This sends a clear message...hmmm, I wonder who should be next to send such a message... [SBNation NHL]
- Find your local NFL games being broadcast today. Heads up, if you can still stomach to watch the Rams, we'll be on CBS today. [506 Sports]
Nothing extra was sent to me, so to keep it light today, we'll just have one video, and it's Detective Mittens. *BONG-UNG!*
It's also Prospects Sunday, so check back to read about all the Baby Blues out there, so that we don't...hammer the prepared anvil...?...I don't know, Brian says it better. Just check it out!
Tomorrow's Monday, so noted Halloween-hater Donut King will be back. Send him things.
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com