Well that was a stinker. Let's just Febreeze the shit out of it and move on, shall we?
- Sometimes you're the hammer, and sometimes you give up 4 goals in the first period while only getting 2 shots on goal. Your official recap, if you really want to relive things: [Blues]
- Some people were quite happy about that game. Here's what they thought of it all. [Fear the Fin]
- I usually don't put much stock into power rankings, and these were obviously done before yesterday's *ahem* events, but these are worth a link seeing as not only are the Blues listed at #1, but more importantly, our resident advanced statistician Robb Tufts gets a shoutout on the NHL's official website, which means he's officially gone too main stream for us. Stick taps to Hildy & CCR for alerting us all, and obviously to Robb for going legit - don't forget about us little bloggers when you hit the big time! [NHL.com Super 16]
- Ryan Lambert uses basic logic to surmise that Alexander Steen will not be able to sustain his top of the league goal scoring pace. It probably didn't need to be said, but he said it anyway. And he's right. I hope he won't be, but yeah, he will be. It's okay, though, because I've got Ovi on my SLGT League #2 FIRST PLACE fantasy team! [Puck Daddy]
- Other teams played yesterday throughout the day. Highlights include the Devils scoring 4 goals in the third to beat Carolina and the Hawks & Stars going to the 11th round of the shootout with Chicago coming out on top. All that, plus a wild Buffalo victory - a very rare find! [NHL.com 11/29]
- Another 11 games set for today, including John Tortorella's return to Madison Square Garden as the Canucks play the Rangers, Leafs and Habs, Wild and Avs in the second half of a home-and-home, Blackhawks fans getting another chance to invent new reasons to bitch about Mike Smith and the Coyotes, and a Battle of California Ducks-Sharks matchup. Find out what else is happening too. [NHL.com 11/30]
- You know what's more useless than NHL power rankings? Olympic power rankings based on NHL play. But in case you're interested, Berkshire is doing just that. [SBNation NHL]
- Okay, enough with power rankings - the only thing that matters until April is the new Conference III Championship Belt, which we must fight to get back! Let J.R. fill you in. [III Communications]
- Even players in today's game know that +/- is a bullshit statistic. At least the ones in Dallas. They just need to explain it to The Biggest Max Lapierre Fanboy On Twitter. [Dallas Morning News]
- Zach Parise was supposed to be out 2-3 weeks with a bruised foot. He played last night after only missing one game. I'm not sure if I should play the "Hockey Players Are Tough" card, laugh at the Wild for letting their investment come back too soon, or hate the Wild for putting him at such a high re-injury risk in an Olympic year. He played a hearty 23:02 in a loss. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Don't you wish you could have even a small say in who gets voted in to the Baseball Hall of Fame? Well this is your lucky year! Deadspin offered to buy off voters in the BWAA to allow The People to have a say, and at least one member has agreed. Congratulations on beating The System! [Deadspin]
- Did you eat a lot of Turkey on Thursday and fall asleep from the tryptophan? No. No you didn't, because that myth is as bullshit as +/-. Science Saturday here to straighten you out. [Geekosystem]
- What's the best way to distract a placekicker? The Minnesota Golden Gophers may have found it - Dramatic Chipmunk! [SBNation]
- You know the most disgusting thing about Black Friday? People get trampled, stabbed, and shot, and no one seems to give a shit. Excuse me, but if the trade off for 30% off a blender is a higher risk of a knife jutting into my side, I think I'm cool paying a bit more, thank you. [Huff Post]
First up, your family may or may not be the most fun to be around on Thanksgiving, but at least you don't have to eat next to Aquaman. A Justice League Thanksgiving!
CCR passes along a new Kanye/Kim K. parody, this time care of the Chicago Wolves' Christian Hanson and Mike Davies.
This is what happens when you don't own your own AHL affiliate anymore.
Tomorrow is the first day of December, meaning we're almost 11/12ths through another year. Distract yourself from how depressing that is by sending me links to post tomorrow morning!
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
And what the hell, why not give in and root for the Good Ol' Boys of the SEC to be fucked with - M-I-Z...