Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, and the only Metropolitan Division that isn't an embarrassment are in town. These ain't the Flames we're playing tonight, so all the stops must be pulled out for 2 points.
Starting of course with a solid breakfast of links to click.
- The Blues have been winning early on this season, but they've also been accruing more than their fair share of penalty minutes. They'd like to change one of those things. [STLToday]
- Joe Strauss wrote something about the Blues. I won't link it because fuck that guy. But it seemed like it was trying to call Alexander Steen's start the best thing since Brett Hull, probably because that's the only thing he knows about the Blues. For a guy who likes to complain about the lazy sports reporting in this town, he sure as hell doesn't do anything to make it better. I'm letting you know in case you want to read it anyway, but I wouldn't recommend it.
- The whipper-snappers on the Blues will try not to get star-struck tonight when the Penguins
flywaddle into town. [STLToday]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY - THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS:
- On Wednesday, the Penguins laid a massive egg, falling to the Rangers 5-1. Needless to say, Dan Bylsma was none too pleased, and he let his team know it in practice this week. Expect an angry Pittsburgh team tonight - should be a hell of a game! [Pensburgh]
- Since the Steelers are so shitty this year, The Pensblog offers their fans a chance to hop on the Pens bandwagon before February for a change with a quick How-To. Finally, someone who hates Steelers fans as much as I do (no offense, PoorCollegeStudent)! [The Pensblog]
- The Predators lost 5-0 to Winnipeg? HA-HA! Also, other games. [NHL.com]
- 10 games today, and Blues-Pens isn't the only tasty treat tonight either: I'm talking Tampa-Detroit, Leafs-Bruins, Chicago and the suddenly hot Dallas Stars, and Canucks and Kings. It's Hockey Night, bitches! [NHL.com]
- Ryan Getzlaf had himself a night, notching a hat trick and an assist. And then the buzzer sounded for first intermission. [SBNation NHL]
- The Florida Panthers fired head coach Kevin Dineen, along with two of his assistants, yesterday morning. Litter Box Cats has everything you need to know (which reminds me - I need to change my cat's litter box). [Litter Box Cats]
- As punishment for his Dustin Brown impression on Thursday night, Florida's Jesse Winchester has received a 3-game suspension. [The Hockey News]
- The Oilers have desperately been looking for some reliable stability in goal this year. And nothing says
reliable stabilitydesperation like signing Ilya Bryzgalov. Oooooo, this is going to be fun! [TSN]
- I have two words for you: Jersey. Fouls. [Puck Daddy]
- Perhaps you've seen the Sharks fan who made a jersey out of chain mail before. If not, you should see it. Either way, Friend of Game Time Megalodon interviewed him to find out how he made it and if it could take a whack from a broad sword. [Battle of California]
- On the morning of Sunday, November 3rd, IceMen Maniacs] was just a 37-year old director of the Evansville Youth Hockey Association. Mere hours later, he was the emergency back-up goaltender for the Evansville IceMen in the ECHL. Find out how it happened! Great find, sticktap to "Michael Shockley." [
- Thor: The Dark World opened yesterday (and BTW, is really fucking good), but one theater in China got a bit mixed up and put up an interesting fan-made movie poster. If you happen to know Thor fan-girls (or more accurately, Loki fan-girls) as well as I do, they could've found something a lot worse. [Huff Post]
- Speaking of superhero movies, if you look closely enough a lot of them have some pretty troubling implications for us as a society. [Cracked]
- Kickstarter can be a fantastic way for struggling creators and/or entrepreneurs to find funding to get their projects off of the ground. It can also be a great way to let people know that not only do you have stupid ideas, but that you also have huge balls to ask for other people's money to attempt them. Here are 15 of the worst Kickstarters of 2013. [TruTV]
- A Facebook friend of mine from college is looking for people to take a free survey for his project on our usage of technology. Thought I'd pass it along to help him out - it shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes and you could win a $10 gift card! [Google Survey]
You thought you got out of Science Saturday because we got to the videos, didn't you? No sir, but here's something that might actually sound interesting - why are certain sounds "scary?"
If SIU had offered classes in Joss Whedon and South Park, maybe I would've finished my degree. Here other awesome classes certain colleges across the country have offered.
BTW, the answer is Buffy/Angel, and anyone who says Buffy/Spike is a masochist. There, I said it.
I'll just cut to the chase: send me links.
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
The Blues are playing host to the biggest hockey star in the world, so you better believe we'll have some awesome things to check out later today!