Good thing it's a home game against a Leastern Conference opponent tonight, I suppose.
- But hey, this happened . . . the Blues locked up Alexander Steen for three years at an AAV of $5.8MM. Not too shabby, boys. [SLGT]
- Episode 22 of Beyond Checkerdome went to air yesterday. CCR and I discussed the three wins by the Blues last week, James Neal and Shawn Thornton, David Clarkson's dumbfuckery, how Victory Monster tastes like shit and more. [SLGT]
- An interesting and intriguing Q&A with Blues owner Tom Stillman. [St. Louis Magazine]
- Vladimir Sobotka and Jaden Schwartz skated yesterday morning but may not be ready. David Backes has not skated at all since leaving Monday's game and is for sure out tonight. Jordan Leopold and Ryan Reaves are doing conditioning drills. We could see the same fucked-up lineup we saw Tuesday against the Sharks . . . again, against the Canadiens tonight. Yeeeeeeeeeeee. Jaroslav Halak gets the nod against his old team. [In The Slot / Lou Korac]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE MONTREAL CANADIENS:
- For everything on Les Habitants (especially regarding their numbers and such), check out Eyes on the Prize. Andrew Berkshire and crew do a great job. [Eyes on the Prize]
- Two games yesterday, both of which had final scores. [NHL.com 12/18/13]
- Tonight's game in St. Louis is one of eleven matchups the NHL will have on the slate this evening. [NHL.com 12/19/13]
- Sports on Earth's NHL 2013 in review . . . seems to lean heavily on the topic of fighting. Because, well, that's the point of these things . . . to review what was discussed. [Sports on Earth]
- Deryk Engelland's punishment for trying to turn Justin Abdelkader's head into a smashed pumpkin? Five games. Seems fair. [NHL.com]
- Down Goes Brown has the transcripts from Brian Burke's interviews for the Calgary Flames GM opening. [Down Goes Brown]
- Steve Simmons wants us to make a stand against fighting in the National Hockey League, probably because George Parros got concussed again. I have two words . . . *FART NOISE* (I honestly didn't read this.) [Toronto (Winnipeg) Sun]
- Kings coach Darryl Sutter thinks the league should eliminate the penalty box. A dumb fucking idea, but he really thinks he's on to something here. HOW THE FUCK DID THIS GUY WIN A STANLEY GODDAMN CUP AS A FUCKING COACH? JESUS H. SHIT. GODDAMNIT. [LA Kings Insider]
- Dumb Christmas videos, bad signings and suspensions are Ryan Lambert's topics for his Power Rankings this week. [Puck Daddy]
- Go Illini! Beat Mizzou! [The Champaign Room]
- Really, most of you are going to stop reading this after you see "Florida Man". I don't blame you. This motherfucker is crazy. [Y! / The Sideshow]
- The Sydney Opera House, in just short of 3,000 Legos. Fucking. Awesome. [Gizmodo]
Southern Illinois University-Carbondale coach Barry Hinson is adamant that his wife could play better than his own basketball team . . . most of the roster of which he did not recruit. (S/T to J-Mill, proud SIU-C alum):
Now that's some epic shit right there.
So thanks to travel arrangements to Canada, I am taking a full week away from the links. But fear not! J-Mill has you covered! Send him some links and videos and stuff:
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
And don't forget to stop by for news, insight and analysis about tonight's tilt at the DrinkScotch. And if you're going to the game, be sure to buy a Game Time . . . and damnit, tip your vendor, please.
LET'S GO BLUES.