My fiance, my car and I returned from Calgary in one piece, and I return to tell the tale . . . some other time.
J-Mill, as always, did an excellent job filling in. I wouldn't trust anyone else in the world to do the shit he does.
In the meanwhile, enjoy some links! I'm back . . . or something.
- Jake Doty is still with Medicine Hat but is under contract by the Blues. And boy, did he stand tall and deliver some shots to a rock-jaw here. This dude was not fazed by A GODDAMN thing Doty went after him with, and it sure had nothing to do with lack of effort. This (number six) and several other fights in the Puck Daddy Top 10 of 2013 list.. (Doty, an undrafted free agent, is the only prospect I know of from my adopted home state of Montana . . . all the best to the lad.) (S/T to CCR) [Puck Daddy]
- Blues prospect Sam Kurker was one of the players of note to get a USHL Roster Spot. [SBN College Hockey]
- Move along. Nothing to see here. Please disburse. [NHL.com 12/26/13]
- There should be games on Boxing Day. In lieu of that, ten games tonight on the day AFTER Boxing Day. [NHL.com 12/27/13]
- 6 things you need to know about the WJC, which started yesterday. Also, aside from #USABestHockey, of course. [Puck Daddy]
- Apparently, population of butts in seats is down in Glendale, AZ for the Coyotes. Because WHO DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING OR ANYTHING JESUS FUCKING CHRIST. [azcentral.com]
- Team USA goalkeeper Tim Howard plays for J-Mill's favorite soccer team, Everton. Howard did something dumb. Oops. [Deadspin]
- Meanwhile, in a Boxing Day surprise, Stoke City hands my Geordies an easy victory by basically doing stupid shit. They went TWO MEN DOWN before the second half started. Yikes. [Sports Mole]
- Illinois beat Mizzou last Saturday. The best thing to come from it? #MIZNOZ, of course. Oops. [Twitter / @ALionEye]
This showed up on the video board in Calgary at second intermission. Well done, Hitmen. Well done:
Andy Williams never gets old. Even when he's dead.
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
More hockey and shit tomorrow.