The Blues have a lot of players from Minnesota, most of which presumably were not bothered with the balls-freezing cold in St. Paul yesterday.
- Carlo Colaiacovo and Ian Cole stepped up Sunday. David Backes practiced and will likely be a game-time decision tonight. Sergey Andronov was sent back to the Wolves. Jaroslav Halak is under the weather, which means Brian Elliott will start in net tonight against the Wild(s). All that and some great insight from Lou Korac in his night-before game preview. [In The Slot / Lou Korac]
- REMINDER: Game starts early tonight . . . 5pm CST. Set your drinking and swearing schedules accordingly.
- Attendance is an issue (and has been all season long thus far) at Blues home games. Hildy gives her two cents on it. [SLGT]
- I normally don't post the Dobber Hockey Fantasy week in review post, but this week he had Halak as his Least Valuable Player of the Week. I really can't disagree too much with that assessment. [Puck Daddy]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE MINNESOTA WILD(S):
- I believe we've brought them up before since we've played the Wild(s) earlier in the season, but for a perspective on Conference III's team of the Land of Ten Thousand Lakes, head on over to Hockey Wilderness. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Four scores that were not from seven years ago. They were from last night. [NHL.com 12/30/13]
- Eleven games tonight. Only one matters. Yes, another Conference III Title Match! [NHL.com 12/31/13]
- Speaking of Conference III, they've got a new writer, Obscene Alex, and he gets redacted a lot. Here's his week in review. (He even sent me this himself! Thanks, bro. You're fuckin' cool.) [III Communication]
- Ryan Lambert thinks the NHL's Outdoor Game concept has reached its' saturation point. I agree. Here's his "What We Learned" piece. [Puck Daddy]
- The Top 13 NHL Memes of 2013. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise via I_AM_SPARTACUS) [SI NHL]
- Battle of California's Megalodon has five (actually, maybe a few more than five) top tweets to share from last week. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [Battle of California]
- In a report I hope is incredibly wrong, the three Team USA goaltenders will be Jonathan Quick (duh), Ryan Miller (HERO) and . . . Jimmy Howard? Oh fuck no. [Detroit Free Press]
- Evgeni Malkin videobombs James Neal, then bombs his own hat. [Vine]
- Puck Daddy's Alternative Hockey Awards of 2013 is exhaustive and excellent. [Puck Daddy]
- The Oilers play the Coyotes tonight, and that means Nail Yakupov will be in action . . . right? Uhhhhh, RIGHT?! Oh. Perhaps not. [Edmonton Journal]
- So a guy from Central Florida started a dinner theater. Theme? Professional wrestling. Because Central Florida. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [Gawker]
- The 13 best of SB Nation's Longform series in 2013. TL; DR. (Kidding!) (One more S/T to CrossCheckRaise, who was straight up ballin' yesterday) [SB Nation]
- ESPN hired Tim Tebow. Well, that was the logical ending, now wasn't it? [Deadspin]
The best of Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole for the month of November. And look at those beauty mustaches on these boys:
Do you have but a link or a video to spare for the poor? Send them along:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And check back later for some words and such about tonight's game in frozen Minnesota. As for me . . . see you next year! Enjoy your New Year celebration this evening.
LET'S GO BLUES.