Oh, hi. It's morning-time, so it's time to click on some shit.
- Former Blues forwards Doug Weight and Bill Guerin were inducted into the US Hockey Hall of Fame on Monday night. Dougie, always a fan favorite, will be in town Thursday as an opposing assistant coach with the Islanders, and deserves a standing ovation of some sort. [SLGT]
- Doc Whiskey is looking for some help with a gift. [SLGT]
- More than several games last night. They all ended, and teams won and shit. [NHL.com]
- Three games tonight. Wednesday Night Rivals features the Flyers at Red Wings, which is absolutely fucking laughable. [NHL.com]
- My girlfriend wants you all to know that . . . Dallas Eakins . . . looks a lot like . . . David Tennant of Doctor Who fame. Yep, it's totally there.
- Our own hildymac as well as several other friends of Game Time participated in a round table on women in hockey, particularly in the media and blogging, touching on a wide array of subjects . . . sexism included. [Puck Daddy]
- Wayne Gretzky was owed a shitload of money by Jerry Moyes when the whole Coyotes situation blew up. Well, the NHL is going to pay him. [ESPN]
- LOOK AT NICK FOLIGNO DISRESPECTING THE SPORT OF HOCKEY BY GOING THROUGH-THE-LEGS AND TOP SHELF . . . actually, only goal of the game. [Puck Daddy]
- Jimmy Buffett played the Xcel Energy Center yesterday, and got an ugly UGLY ass Wild(s) sweater for his troubles. [Twitter / @XcelEnergyCtr]
- Jeremy Roenick wants to be the face of a Seattle hockey franchise . . . again. Meh. Just bring me a Seattle team so I can go to a Blues game in Grunge Heaven, Goddamnit. [KING 5]
- Rogers owns all the Canadian television contracts and has naming rights deals at arenas and stadiums in just about every major Canadian city. Add Edmonton's new arena to that list. [Edmonton Journal]
- Before they played their game last night, the Ducks and Kings unveiled their Dodger Stadium sweaters. Very orange, and very grey. I'd wear these. [Puck Daddy]
- Rob Klinkhammer has an awesome name and has fit in VERY well for the Coyotes this season. But is he the most Coyotes player ever? [Five For Howling]
- Need a shopping guide for the sports fan in your life? Well, SB Nation has you covered! Almost literally! [SB Nation]
- How rare was Auburn's field goal return for the game-winning touchdown on Saturday? VERY rare. Like, pretty-much-never-happened-before rare. Also, regarding Saturday's game . . . WAR EAGLE. (And no, I'm not an Auburn fan.) [Deadspin]
Rebecca Black reacts to her "Friday" video . . . 30 months after it went viral. (S/T to Ashley, aka "ConcoctedAcceptableHominine"):
Yeah, so even SHE didn't seem to care for it.
Alright, send me shit:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And you get Beyond Checkerdome, Episode 20 later. REJOICE!