Big game tonight between two of the best teams in the league - someone's gotta win, why not the Blues?
- The Teemu Farewell Tour will play the DrinkScotch Center tonight as the Blues play the Ducks . Several Blues have some fond memories of growing up watching him play. [STLToday]
- The Blues recently took some time off to visit a few children's hospitals. [Blues]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY - THE ANAHEIM DUCKS:
- The Ducks spent last night beating the Blackhawks 3-2 in a shootout. Find out more about it from Anaheim Calling, then later check out Battle of California's preview for tonight. [Anaheim Calling]
- I'd usually try and link you a piece by one of the other team's main beat writer in this slot, but the Orange County Register won't let you read a full piece for free, so fuck that - here's a Buzzfeed on why The Mighty Ducks movies were the pinnacle of the cinematic art form. [Buzzfeed]
- Things happened last night, including the Hurricanes scoring 4 goals in the 3rd period to beat the Sharks 5-3. [NHL.com 12/6]
- Even aside from the Blues-Ducks tilt, it's a big hockey night tonight, including the Battles of both Ontario and Alberta, Penguins-Bruins, Rangers-Devils, plus 6 other games. [NHL.com 12/7]
- Did someone say "Jersey Fouls?" ...no? Well, it doesn't matter, because here are the latest Jersey Fouls. [Puck Daddy]
- How many Canadians does it take to ruin an Olympic Hockey Team? However many are seriously considering not picking P.K. Subban to Sochi. [Puck Daddy]
- The Fuckhawks traded Kyle Beach to the Rangers yesterday. He'll fit right in playing in the Metro division, because he too is terrible at hockey. [Second City Hockey]
- Thanks to a shit ton of money from the new Canadian TV rights deal, the league will likely raise the salary cap next year, possibly to as high as $70 million. Don't worry, though, the Blues wouldn't be spending that high with or without attendance problems. [SBNation NHL]
- Shea Weber might be coming back to the ice tonight for the Predators, but whenever he does, he'll likely do so with a visor. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- The World Cup draw yesterday was...let's say, challenging for the United States, as we'll be matched up with Ghana, the best African team who eliminated the US from the last 2 World Cups, Portugal and Christiano Ronaldo, and Germany, the second-ranked team in the world. Having said that, it might not be quite as frightening as it sounds, and here's why: [Stars and Stripes FC]
- Did you read the good news? Of course you didn't, because it was in Swedish and the picture diagrams were really confusing and unhelpful. That's right...St. Louis is getting an IKEA! Obviously they were just waiting for their countryman Alexander Steen to break through as an NHL goalscorer. [STLToday]
- The best thing about watching old 1990s TV shows? Seeing the characters deal with The Internet. It's like watching a puppy see their reflection in a mirror for the first time. Here are some (11, to be exact) examples of the most awkward Internet episodes of the '90s. [Mental_Floss]
- Did you know that 2014 will be the 250th birthday for the city of St. Louis? The city will be going pretty much all out for most of the year, starting with events such as these: [CBS St. Louis]
I think I have a new favorite Epic Rap Battle of History.
"Baby It's Cold Outside" is one of the most popular Christmas songs of all time...despite not actually being at all about Christmas. It's really more about...well...this...(NSFW)
Send me shit to link. Please. Pretty please?
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
It's game day, so check back throughout the day for more Game Time-shenanigans! And buy a St. Louis Game Time paper or six if you're going to the game tonight!