I was gonna make this an Open Thread day but then, shit got real.
Also, random thought . . . Man Of Steel wasn't bad, but wasn't great. Probably too much action.
Anyway, you didn't come here for bitching or movie reviews. You came here for links.
- A one-year, two-way deal for Taylor Chorney, who will probably not be seen anywhere but with the Wolves next season. I will say this for Chorney . . . he's not Jeff Woywitka. [Blues]
- Barret Jackman's "WHAAAT?" face from Game Four of the Western Conference Quarterfinals was up against a "helmet bunt" in an SB Nation GIF Tournament vote. The helmet bunt won. Goddamnit. [SB Nation]
- And Jake Allen's incredible paddle save lost to another Pavel Datsyuk goal in TSN's Play of the Year Semifinals vote. And it was by less than one percent. Double Goddamnit. [TSN; Twitter (Lou Korac)]
- Speaking of Datsyuk, he's gonna sign a three-year extension in early July. He won a lot of shit yesterday. Fuck Detroit. [Detroit Free Press]
- Slava Voynov also got an extension from the Kings. More per year but a shorter term than the Predators gave Roman Josi. I call that a bargain. [Kings]
- Tim Burke at Deadspin mashed up Doc Emrick's 30 gazillion instances of how he says "passes it" with some Daft Punk. If you don't like this, we can't be friends. This is fucking incredible. [Deadspin]
OTHER RANDOM SHIT:
- The world's most expensive cup of coffee is extracted from animal shit. Because of course it is. [Y / The Sideshow]
- 'MERICA! FUCK YEAH! (Oh, and also the US beat Honduras in World Cup Qualifying, 1-0.) [SB Nation]
Kate sent this to me. "Supernatural" star Misha Collins makes a short film about Stranger Danger. Have a look.
Well that was random, now wasn't it?