If it weren't for those two goals in seventeen seconds Monday night, last night would've been the last game of the hockey season. But NOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Here's some linkage.
- In case you didn't hear . . . KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN . . . is back. The Blues and Kevin Shattenkirk agree on a 4-year deal, and according to JR, it's worth $17MM. [SLGT; Blues; StL Today]
- Former Blues scouting director and current Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen wants to know his players' offseason workout plans. Not to track them . . . but to use them himself. Because Jarmo fucking rules like that. [Columbus Dispatch / Blue Jackets Xtra]
- Lots of Bruins news today . . . first, their Puck Daddy Eulogy, which was written by . . . Days Of Y'Orr, which is . . . yep . . . a Bruins blog. Nice. [Puck Daddy]
- Then . . . it appears Andrew Ference won't be back with the Bruins ne,xt year. (sorry for linking Joe Haggerty, who I generally do not care for) [CSNNE]
- The legend of Patrice Bergeron grows. It appears he also had a hole in his lung before Game 6. Gregory Campbell is impressed. [WEEI / Big Bad Blog]
- How did Bruins fans cope with the whirlwind Game 6 loss? By looking at porn. A shitload of it. [CBS Sports Eye On Hockey]
- If an NHL team wants to try to trade a guy so another team can use a buyout on him, so that the original club can sign him for less, the NHL will tell them to go fuck themselves (or, call it "circumvention", which it . . . ummmmm, is). Nice airtight CBA there, fucktards. [New York Post]
- IMPORTANT WIMBLEDON NEWS: Wanna wear shoes that aren't all white? NO! Wanna wear undergarments that aren't all white? GO AHEAD! [Y! / Reuters]
- A young Connecticut couple can't decide on a name for the son they're expecting. So they're letting patrons of a local coffee shop vote on it. Yeah, nothing can go wrong there. (I secretly hope it ends up being a girl, just to fuck things all up.) [Y! / AP]
Also from Kate . . . another one from The Whitest Kids U'Know . . . who are totally gay for America.
And join us later as Robb has some season-ending numbers from our boys.