- Hildy wants everyone to stop bitching about whatever Jaroslav Halak and Ken Hitchcock were bitching about back in May, because they've stopped bitching about it themselves. Y U MAKE SENSE HILDY?! [SLGT]
- If Ilya Kovalchuk so chooses, he could return to the NHL at age 35, in 2018. Because the rules are fucked up like that. [New York Post]
- Harrison Mooney basically explains why Tyler Seguin's father is kind of a moron in defending his son's behavio(u)r. [Puck Daddy]
- No politics or opinions on the Zimmerman trial, but this was fucking hilarious. USA Today got a comment on the trial from someone who called himself "Howie Felterbush". [Deadspin]
- But seriously, if we start talking politics, we'll have to start banning people. Shit gets bad enough in the comments here when a trade happens, as we saw earlier this week.)
- Giants pitcher Tim Lincecum threw a no-hitter last night. He used to look like a character from Dazed And Confused. Duuuuuuuuuuude. [San Francisco Chronicle]
- Sad news out of Vancouver . . . Canadian star of "Glee" and hockey fan Cory Montieth passed of an apparent drug overdose. Only 31 years of age. No matter your opinion of "Glee", that sucks. [CNN]
As it turns out, Cory Montieth's final two tweets were about "Sharknado". There's been a lot of talk about it lately, even though the ratings were apparently horrendous. Here's a trailer.
IT'S A FUCKING TORNADO MADE OUT OF SHARKS.
We may have something fun to announce later this week. Stay tuned.