Ever wanted to earn a shit-ton of money? Get really Goddamn good at hockey and go to Russia.
- The preseason schedule has been released. Two games each against the Stars, Wild(s) and Lightning(s). [SLGT]
- Sad news: Grandson and Great Grandson of NHL (and Canadiens) royalty, Blake Geoffrion, will be stepping away from hockey after all, as he continues to recover from his skull fracture and concussion incident in Hamilton last season. [NHL]
- How much is Ilya Kovalchuk gonna get from the KHL? Well, a veritable fuck-ton of rubles, that's what. Upwards of $20MM a season for four years from SKA St. Petersburg. [Puck Daddy]
- Panthers prospect Zach Hyman has an interesting story, and as long as it's for your kids, he can WRITE an interesting story for you too. [Puck Daddy]
- The Flyers have hired Ron Hextall as Assistant GM and Director of Hockey Operations. Also known as "Paul Holmgren's Designated Decision Maker and Drug Inducer", I presume. [Flyers]
- The Islanders have locked up young star Josh Bailey for five years. [Islanders]
- J-Mill passes along this one, where a doctor is being sued because he told a patient that her back problems were because she had a "ghetto booty". Haha. Whoa, bro. [WREG]
- Apparently a Redditor has been leaking wrestling match results for months and apparently the WW(F)E is just now getting around to noticing that their shit has been leaked. WRESTLING IS REAL, MAN! [Dead,spin]
- Not for Mizzou fans: an Illini logo made out of 12-packs of soda at a Walmart in Champaign, IL. That's a lot of RC Cola. [Champaign Room]
- The Home Run Derby was yesterday. #DismissiveWankingMotion Here's the tweet of the night regarding the event, courtesy of "Pitching Deity, Dapper Gent", Old Hoss Radbourn. [Twitter]
We've been doing a few mash-ups lately, a couple involving Star Trek. Well, here's one Kate found mashing up clips of the ORIGINAL Star Trek series (yes, the O-GODDAMN-RIGINAL) with the largely wretched music of Ke$ha, and somehow it worked out well.