Today's title is a "tribute" to a certain Wings fan and what he thought of our podcast before he even listened to it.
Ass-2-Mouth, if you're listening . . . no one gives a shit how many Cups the Red Wings have won. Particularly, not me.
Not that I hadn't told him that about . . . oh, three times.
Alright, that's enough assholery for the intro. LINKS, HOLMES!
- What led to the above conversation? Well, we got ourselves a podcast. Episode One was posted yesterday, if you missed it. And I think we have enough name suggestions. We'll be posting a poll for you to vote on next time we post audio. [SLGT]
- Brian wants to know your opinion about he presents prospect information. Please vote and let him know what you think. [SLGT]
- Jamie Langenbrunner swears his career isn't over, even if the league's 30 teams seem to disagree with him. "I'M NOT DEEEEAD!" [Duluth News Tribune]
- The Nashville Predators left themselves wide open to jokes of dog piss and golden showers when they unveiled a
yellowgold paint job on the Bridgestone Arena ice. [CBS Sports Eye On Hockey]
- The Preds also signed Richard Clune to a two-year deal. He's basically a younger Jordin Tootoo, so while they didn't pay too much, they probably overpaid him. [Predators]
- The Avs are high on Nathan MacKinnon. They'd better be, because they had Seth Jones right fucking there for the grabbing, ready to fill a glaring need they had, and they passed on him. [Avalanche]
- A retail store in Finland made NHL14 covers for every SM-Liiga team. [Imgur, via Puck Daddy]
- I <3 Jammer. Jamal Mayers wants to come back for another season. [Chicago Tribune]
- The NHL Office of Player Safety sucks, apparently. Rob Blake is leaving said office to join the Kings' front office. [Puck Daddy]
- Apparently there's a new psycho thriller out and the main character is named Mike Gillis. Yes, Canucks blog Pass It To Bulis is all over this shit. [PITB]
- The ESPY's were aired yesterday. They are a massive waste of money, so much so that the company's accountants ask for it to be shut down every year. [Deadspin]
- On a positive note, Jon Hamm hosted the ESPY's. Basketball player DeAndre Jordan had a tweet about how . . . ummmm, "well-endowed" . . . Jon Hamm supposedly is. [Deadspin]
Kate sends along this video that warns us that Jazz Fever is some nasty shit, and that cocaine is great for pregnant ladies.
As Rick James once said . . . cocaine's a helluva drug.
And Fuck Cancer. Miss you, Dad.