Well holy shit, was yesterday a day.
- The 2013-14 NHL schedules came out. Here's the Blues' schedule. Hildy has some more. [SLGT]
- Goddamn! Chris Stewart signed a pre-arb 2-year deal worth a tad over $4MM per season. He would've made more than that elsewhere, with the numbers he posted last year. [SLGT]
- The answer to the question "IS ALEX PIETRANGELO GONNA GO ANYWHERE BUT SAINT LOUIS" is . . . no. [SLGT]
- Derek Roy picked a number, and because 9 is taken, it's a big deal. He took 12. [Twitter / Blues]
- The thing that led to the NHL finally releasing its' schedule yesterday? The announcement that NHL players would be participating in the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Which was a shittily-kept secret, of course, but it's the NHL, so . . . yeah, that'll happen. [NHL]
- Also announced yesterday: the new division names. Not quite "Leaders" and "Legends", like the Big Ten, but . . . the METROPOLITAN Division? Fuck you. [Puck Daddy]
- Richard Clune is still a bit of a punk (okay, a LOT of a punk), but his tweets are . . . well, funnier than mine. [Twitter / Richard Clune]
- Sad story. An eight-year-old kid was struck in the neck by a line drive at practice and passed away a couple days later. Horrible. [Deadspin]
- One way to set off a shit-ton of fireworks is to burn a building WITH a shit-ton of fireworks. [Y! / The Sideshow]
RealBadRobot brings us today's video, where a little girl asks if the queen is jealous of Snow White. Weirdness ensues. It's interesting, too.