Links? Well, I feel like doing them today, and there ARE some, so yes.
- The Blues are well represented on the preliminary rosters of many Olympic teams. Hildy has the rundown, with yet more to likely be added. [SLGT]
- Team Canada is well stocked. Of course they are. Alex Pietrangelo and Jay Bouwmeester are on the list. Pietrangelo is virtually a lock, Bouwmeester . . . not so much. [Hockey Canada]
- Team USA's preliminary roster includes David Backes and Kevin Shattenkirk (pretty much locks) and T.J. Oshie (definitely NOT a lock). Also, someone please explain to me why Justin Abdelkader is on this fucking list because that guy sucks. [Puck Daddy]
- Team Russia's preliminary roster includes Vladimir Tarasenko (though I doubt he makes the final cut). It does NOT include Ilya Bryzgalov. [Puck Daddy]
- The Los Angeles sports media needs to really get their fucking shit together. Like, right now. [Screenshot from NBC Los Angeles]
- Alexander Radulov did an interview recently, and in it gives his side of the events that led to his 2012 playoff suspension. Radulov made the Russian preliminary roster. [KHL]
- Detroit's pending bankruptcy will apparently have no effect on the proposed Red Wings arena plans. I mean, they can just take down old, mostly-destroyed buildings anyway, right? [Crain's Detroit]
- Not confirmed as of press time, but it appears Jaromir Jagr will play for the Devils in 2013-14. [USA Today]
- Sam Gagner avoided arbitration and signed for three years in Edmonton. [Oilers]
- CrossCheckRaise passes along a story of a man who is accused of drinking 50+ bottles of booze, with a reported worth of just over $100K. That's some expensive top shelf booze. [ABC News]
- The cast of "The Sandlot", 20 years later. Holy fuck, I'm old. "YOU'RE KILLING ME, SMALLS!" [Deadspin]
Rich of GASL passes along this friendly reminder . . . if you're gonna look up porn or meth ingredients or if you've ever Googled "HOW TO KILL SOMEONE AND MAKE IT LOOK LIKE NATURAL CAUSES" or whatever:
And don't forget . . . the memorial service for the King of All Game Time Vendors, John Nicolay, is this afternoon. Send my regards, and be sure to pour one out for him.