Correction from yesterday . . . Kate has not seen Anchorman, so she doesn't have an opinion of it. I'll have to correct that error myself.
Days off? People get those? Apparently. Well, I do. Now. For two days. Somehow.
- Episode 2 of the SLGT Podcast To Be Named Later went online yesterday afternoon. Starting tomorrow, you'll get to vote on the new name of the podcast. [SLGT]
- Robb presents some Dataviz on the 2013-14 Blues schedule and how it looks compared to previous years as well as other teams' skeds. [SLGT]
- The State of Michigan approved money for a new Red Wings arena and entertainment district. Because a city that's too broke to pay its' bills really needs something like THIS funded by the state, right? Jesus fucking Christ. [Detroit Free Press]
- Pavel Bure will have his number, 10, retired by the Canucks. As it deserves to be. [Canucks]
- Richard Clune left Twitter, for a very noble reason. People want him back. I'm not one of them because I don't care, though I'm sure the brass of the Predators has no problems with him being quiet. [III Communication]
- People make the dumbest Tumblr accounts. This one is dedicated to the Blackhawks as ponies. (s/t to simpson316) [Puck Daddy]
- Jaromir Jagr only wanted to play in the NHL next season and preferred an East team. The Devils were the best match, it appears. [Puck Daddy]
- Apparently the love/hate relationship between Canucks GM Mike Gillis and long-contract-cap-hell goaltender Roberto Luongo is currently "love". Which means by tomorrow, Luongo will finally get traded to Toronto or some shit, who knows. [Puck Daddy]
- Don't look at this if you don't like gruesome injuries. Eric Young Jr. accidentally stepped on Tim Hudson's ankle last night and . . . well, there's a GIF and a video but it's fucking brutal. [Deadspin]
- Prosecutors want to charge Aaron Hernandez with two homicides. It's on. [Boston Globe]
DanGNR passed along a couple videos related to Firefly/Serenity. One was this one . . . a rap. Actually not horrible, surprisingly.