The above title? My sexting name. You'll find out about that later.
No, not like THAT. Just . . . read on.
- The Blues and Jake Allen agreed to a two-year contract, with the first year a two-way deal and the second a one-way deal. [SLGT]
- The United States Hockey Hall of Fame announced its' 2013 inductees, and it includes former Blues Doug Weight and Bill Guerin. [US Hockey Hall of Fame]
- The Calgary Flames say the Saddledome will be ready for preseason games. Which is quite amazing, considering how recently the whole place was flooded the fuck out. [Globe & Mail]
- Despite all the dumb shit Dave Nonis has done this offseason, the Maple Leafs gave him a five-year extension. Looks like they don't get to plan the parade for another, what, 10 years? [Maple Leafs]
- Speaking of 10 years . . . that's how long Madison Square Garden has to move from its' current location. WhatEVER will the Rangers do? [New York Times]
- There's a small movement to boycott Sochi 2014 because of Russian laws against LGBT's, but Patrick Burke will have none of it. [Buzzfeed]
- What is WOWY? Well, aside from being named after an awesome U2 song, it's a fancy stat. Here's an explanation. [Habs Eyes On The Prize]
- Anthony Weiner has been in the news a bit lately. Now, there's this about him being a rec league goalie, though not a particularly good one. [The New Yorker]
- Speaking of Anthony Weiner . . . you can find out your sexting name HERE! As noted earlier . . . my first one was Maximiliano Clandestine. [Slate]
- A Canadian indoor lacrosse game had a fight, it was broken up . . . but then all hell broke loose. [Deadspin]
- Here in my current neck of the woods . . . a man got really badly injured when a bridge jumper landed on him while tubing in the river. Yes, that can happen here. [NBC Montana]
- A few then-and-now photos of the Flood of 1993. Some of these, I recall. And Goddamn, that was 20 years ago? I. Am. OLD. [StL Today]
DanGNR has another Firefly-related video . . . this one a mash-up of the Firefly theme and scenes from the 2009 Star Trek movie.
And don't forget . . . starting later this morning, you'll get to vote on the name of the new podcast! So keep your eyes peeled for that. Voting will spill over into next week.