Hope you had a happy 4th. I enjoyed mine . . . in all its' time-and-a-half glory. Hopefully you got drunk and decided to be somebody.
- J-Mill gave us his first- and second-team All-Blues All-American Teams. It is decidedly weak apart from forwards. But fuck it. AMERICA! [SLGT]
- Jeremy Rutherford was also makin' that time-and-a-half, doing a chat with Blues fans. Here's the transcript. [StL Today]
- In a HUGE deal, the Stars acquired Tyler Seguin, Rich Peverley and a prospect for Loui Eriksson and three prospects.
- The Maple Leafs went certifiably fucking batshit insane by using their second compliance buyout on Mikhail Grabovski. I would not be shocked if Army is on this. [Puck Daddy]
- Grabovski . . . "I'm fucking happy". Also, ripping the hell out of Randy Carlyle. [TSN 1050]
- Danny Briere signs with the Montreal Canadiens . . . and just that quickly becomes one of the taller players they have. [CBC]
- In more Stars news, they picked up Oilers Captain Shawn Horcoff for a pick and a prospect. [Edmonton Journal]
- The Flyers will have Claude Giroux for a while . . . or trade him tomorrow. Either way, he's being given a shitload of money for eight more years. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Three more years in Jersey for long-time Devil Patrik Elias. [In Lou We Trust]
- Also staying with the Devils for three more years . . . Dainius Zubrus. [Devils]
- Blake Geoffrion skated for the first time in public since his massive head injury and is contemplating a return because he's a Goddamn hockey player and the grandson and great-grandson of hockey royalty. God I hope he makes the right decision. [Brentwood Home Page]
- Fuck Joey Chestnut. I don't care.
- Deadspin ranks cheap fireworks. [Deadspin]
- The sightings of the Loch Ness Monster might have something to do with a fault line UNDER Loch Ness. Interesting shit. [Y! / The Sideshow]
From Kate. Scientists do the greatest thing that's ever been done with a can of Natural Light . . . launch it into space. Too bad it didn't last.
I'm just amazed the camera held up.
HEY, SEND ME SHIT! DON'T BE SHY! PLEASE!
And don't forget, free agency starts at Noon EDT. What will the Blues do? I dunno, but people are gonna bitch either way, you can bank on it.