I don't have many links for you, so I'm opening up the bar again. Get drunk and be somebody.
I suppose a "Breaking Bad" reference would be in order here, but I don't watch it as I don't have cable, plus I grew up in a meth-filled area and really know enough about the subject that I don't need to see a show based on it. Sorry, I'm not J-Mill.
Anyway, check these out:
- CCR and I recorded yesterday. Be on the lookout for Beyond Checkerdome, Episode 4 ("A New Hope") sometime this week. It may be our best effort yet.
- Robb comes through again, this time with a full-season (as it were) game event tracker from the 2012-13 Blues season. Good stuff, bud. [SLGT]
- B-Dub also gave us some (VERY) early info about the Blues' 2014 NHL Entry Draft. It's worth a look, and a peek-back several times once the season comes to a close. [SLGT]
- Costa Rica is letting all the animals out of their cages. Basically, this shuts down their zoos. [Gawker]
- The University of Tulsa introduced its' new ambassador . . . a five-month-old golden retriever. D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. [Deadspin]
- The Minnesota Vikings are playing their final season at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome in downtown Minneapolis this season, and some fans want a piece of the dome when it's destroyed. This led to a very unfortunate headline from KARE. (Bee Jays, pieces, dome, oh whatever, it's all here.) [Deadspin / Screengrabber]
- And a video . . . want to see Stephen Fry lose his shit? Watch him say something about people and what they say about the Acropolis (s/t to Kate):
Yeah. He'll never live that one down.