Hey, grab some coffee and click some shit.
- My pal Jeff has some thoughts on the Blues ticket policy and a couple other quick notes. [HockeyBuzz Blues]
- Will David Backes start beating up Canadians again to prepare for the Olympics? Well shit, he ought to. He feasibly could start with Alex Pietrangelo and Jay Bouwmeester in practice. Though he won't, because he's not a dumbass. [Puck Daddy]
- Randall writes about the four players invited to the St. Charles Chill training camp. As noted yesterday, I'll be rooting for Tate Maris. [SLGT]
- Some news and notes on the first day of USA Hockey Olympic Orientation Camp from Puck Daddy's Sean Leahy. [Puck Daddy]
- Zach Parise on Ilya Kovalchuk heading to the KHL: "It's too bad for the (Devils) organization." I just assume Parise said this while cashing another enormous Minnesota Wild check from Craig Leipold, with Leipold wondering again why the fuck the team is so broke while he's staring RIGHT THE FUCK AT RYAN SUTER . . . hey! This is a division game now! [Puck Daddy]
- Speaking of Kovalchuk, though . . . his thoughts on the new Russian law against "homosexual propaganda" . . . "I agree, of course." Though, if you read on, it seems a very loaded statement. Still doesn't sound good. [SI NHL]
- Christ, it's all Devils today . . . this one, for Adam Henrique signing a six-year extension with the team. [Fire N Ice]
- Alexander Ovechkin models the Team Russia Olympic uniform, but (probably wisely) dodges questions about the same law Kovalchuk discussed earlier. [Russian Machine Never Breaks]
- More Russians . . . Apparently Alexander Radulov was stripped of his Captaincy at CSKA Moscow due to "undisclosed problems with discipline". Gee, we've never heard THAT before . . . [Ria Novosti]
- Despite the Mikhail Grabovski signing, Ryan Lambert is not high on the Capitals, as he notes in his weekly "What We Learned" piece. [Puck Daddy]
- Stanley Cup of Chowder lays out its' plan for a hockey Champions League. God I love this idea. [Stanley Cup of Chowder]
- Does the sprinkler system at Coors Field work? The answer appears to be "yes" . . . but maybe they need to wake up the guy at the switch. [Deadspin]
- You'd think a big ass cat would be the least of Detroit problems . . . but nope, they're afraid of a big ass cat in Detroit. As if THIS thing will fucking murder you. Whatever. (Excuse the obvious smarminess and douchebaggery of the video presenter, it was most annoying even by MY standards.) [Y! Odd News Videos]
This dude has a weird-ass beard that I'm jealous of.
Well, except for that last part.
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
- SLGT Facebook Group (though I may stop soliciting links from here unless members of the group actually come over to the site . . . two-way street and such.)
Hildy has a preview of another Central Division team later this morning, so stay tuned. HINT: I've mentioned them in this links post.