Apparently some of you (specifically Paperwork Ninja) were unable to join in on YouTube-apalooza yesterday. For that I apologize. But worry not, those who are trapped by firewalls! For you shall have the art of the
written typed word to partake in this very morn!
- The SLGT Prospects Dept. is all over the Blues younglings at the USA Evaluation camp in Lake Placid. Sounds like Tommy "Milli" Vannelli had some struggles. Sources say that he blamed it on the rain. [SLGT]
- After 4 long years, the Phoenix Coyotes finally have an owner! The nightmarish ordeal for hockey fans in Arizona is at an end... [Five for Howling]
- ...or is it? [Dun-dun-duuuuuuun...] [Pro Hockey Talk]
- "Hey girl, I heard you were unhappy with the inaccurate depiction of women in commercials, so I, Henrik Lundqvist, decided to direct one...for you." [SBNation]
- The USHL is expanding to Madison, Wisconsin. Which is weird, because I was just there this weekend. The whole state smells like a petting zoo. But on the bright side, one of my sort-of-distant cousins who's maybe 7 or 8 years old that I met while there said that he hates the Blackhawks. So there's that. [SBNation]
- Litter Box Cats is doing a series on the history of hockey teams in Florida. The latest edition is on the Jacksonville Barons of the AHL, the last pro hockey team in the state until the Tampa Bay Lightning expansion. [Litter Box Cats]
- Scott Stevens is being honored by an organization of Canadian New Yorkers...wait, what? [Devils, via Pro Hockey Talk]
- Let's get real - eventually, someone in the NHL is going to get hit hard with PED accusations. But don't worry too much, because Battle of California is here to help you react. [BoC]
- Beer consumption in America is down 20% since 1993. Get your shit together, people. [Yahoo!]
- Do I have to say something about Alex Rodriguez? Seriously, are we that desperate for site hits?
- I might get some glares for this (and I honestly don't blame you), but to me, few things are funnier than someone accidentally being racist. I also love it when ESPN fucks something up, like not knowing who One Direction is, so this was right up my ally! Stick tap to CrossCheckRaise. [Deadspin]
- We have a new entree on the list of Things that The Simpsons Predicted: Blinky, the three-eyed fish. [Gizmodo]
- If you follow me on Twitter (*cough* @JMill1120 *cough*), you might've heard in the past of my extreme apathy for basketball. However, homerism trumps all else in my book, so the fact that a basketball star from my high school Alma mater, Edwardsville (last year ranked #1 in St. Louis & #3 in Illinois), signed on to play for my college Alma mater, Southern Illinois University-Carbondale (...not so good last year) at least warrants a "Good luck!" in my book! Go Tigers & Salukis! [STLToday]
I enjoy arguing. I also love Monty Python. Coincidentally, this is my favorite Python sketch.
You know that really great hockey article or really funny video you saw today at your desk? Well don't be a dick - why not share it with the rest of your Game Time family? Send it to me at:
Email: jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
It's Tuesday, so be sure to spend it with Hildy! She'll pop in around 11 (CDT, for all you weirdos not in the midwest) with the first of what I can only imagine is an ongoing series of articles leading up to training camp. What is it about? Only one way to find out!