J-Mill did so well this past week that I want to keep him around. More on that as it develops. Nicely done, sir.
But hey, all good things must come to an end. Too bad I had to come back.
- JR chatted with Blues fans yesterday. Mostly not about Alex Pietrangelo since that's not done yet. [StL Today]
- Stephen Walkom had clearly lost his touch as an official. So, thankfully, he's moving back to the front office. [Puck Daddy]
- Goalie pads will be smaller next year, according to reports. [The Score]
- Rick Jeanneret, the Buffalo Sabres' equivalent to the Blues' Dan Kelly, will step away from the microphone following the 2015-16 season. That makes me a sad panda. Dude is fucking ace. [Sabres]
- This was touched on yesterday, but became relatively official in the interim . . . the NHL took control of the Devils, and it looks like the owners of the Philadelphia 76ers want to buy them. [Forbes]
- Down Goes Brown has some ideas on "how to fix the NHL". A couple caveats, and one is major . . . you can't simply fire Gary Bettman in this exercise. Well, read it anyway. [Grantland]
- Fuck this "old priest/young priest" business . . . I just need a priest. [Y! / The Sideshow]
- Fuck Shark Week. This is pathetic. (s/t to Milo) [StL Today / AP]
I'm a Broncos fan. My brother is a Giants fan. The starting quarterbacks of these two teams just happen to be brothers, if you haven't heard. They created one really fucked-up DirecTV ad. And here it is.
And as PeyPey and Eli both said, they're never doing a rap video again. Thank. Fucking. God.