If you ever get the chance to visit Seattle, Washington . . . take it. It's a really cool city.
If you ever get the chance to click on these links . . . do it. It's a really cool thing to do.
- Brenden Morrow signed, putting the Blues slightly over the cap. Hildy wonders why, while the rest of us wonder how he fits in. (By the way, I like the deal, though it puts me in a minority among sane Blues fans, if we even still exist.) [SLGT]
- The ECHL/AHL/NHL structure has been cleared up for the Blues (and the Canucks, and both their AHL affiliates, but whatever), but it's still about as clear as mud. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [ECHL.com]
- The Winter Classic concept is getting watered down to nothing, as Ryan Lambert points out in his weekly "What We Learned" piece. [Puck Daddy]
- John Scott explains why it was Phil Kessel he went after, and somehow does it without portraying himself or Kessel as a gutless plug. Admirable. You still suck at hockey, Mr. Scott. [Buffalo News]
- Down Goes Brown gives his more-than-Cliff-Notes version of what went down between the Sabres and Maple Leafs on Sunday. [Grantland]
- Continuing on this thing . . . officially, David Clarkson was suspended ten games for coming off the bench to join Sunday's fray. [NHL.com]
- Dale Weise shoulder-to-headed Taylor Hallin a Canucks vs. Oilers preseason game. He's suspended three preseason games. [Puck Daddy]
- But the bigger news from that game was a slash Zack Kassian connected on toward Sam Gagner, and for that, Kassian got three preseason games AND five regular season games without a paycheck. [Puck Daddy]
- Following that incident, Gagner tweeted out a pic of himself. It's pretty damn brutal. [Twitter / @89SGagner]
- And finally . . . Mark Spector spoke to Oilers forward Ben Eager about it . . . and, well, Eager had some choice words. [Twitter / @SportsnetSpec]
- Who's starting in goal for the Calgary Flames? Don't ask Bob Hartley, he doesn't know yet. But since he's THE GODDAMN HEAD COACH . . . he should know, right? [Calgary Sun]
- Rich Clune is a bit overconfident about the Predators' chances. Apart from them being called the "Perds" [Sunbelt Hockey]
- Replace "threatening" to *fucking stupid", and I'd get this ban. Otherwise, nitpicking. [Y! / AP]
- Rashad Johnson lost part of his finger making a tackle Sunday. In case you thought all football players were pussies, he now has photos to prove they're indeed NOT. [Deadspin; Deadspin]
The guitar solo has made a cool comeback as of late, as this video Kate pointed out to me shows:
I really like music, I guess.
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com