The Cardinals clinched the NL Central last night - what Rams game?
I think I heard that the first game of the NLDS could be Thursday, during Blues opening night. So plan your downtown excursions/transportation accordingly.
- The Blues scored 4 fake goals in the 3rd fake period of their last fake game last real night 4-1 over a team with an obviously fake name, the Wild. The mostly real Blues finished their fake season 3-2-1. Real recap here: [Blues]
- Ian Cole's press box buffets are going to taste so much sweeter this year - he's won the 7th defenseman role as the Blues have released Ryan Whitney from his professional tryout. [Blues]
David Backes carries "a heavy burden." And no, he's not trying to destroy Sauron's Ring. Besides, he'd definitely be Aragorn. [STLToday]
- More previews! Huzzah! [NHL.com]
- You've got questions? Hildy's got answers! ...I mean, not to your questions. Why would she want to answer your questions? No one gives a shit about your questions. These were Travis Hughes' questions. [SLGT]
- Remember that blood clot that Tomas Vokoun had taken care of last week? Apparently it almost killed him. Scary stuff. [SBNation NHL]
- The Penguins are interested in bringing the 2018 World Junior Championships to Pittsburgh. The good news is that's a fairly drivable distance from St. Louis for a New Year's road trip. The bad news is that a lot players who'll play in that tournament were born in the 21st century. Doesn't matter what your age is, we're all fucking old. [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review]
- Burnside takes a look at 10 players with something to prove this year, including a Blue. And probably not the Blue you're thinking of. In the meantime, let's find out which Blue YOU think has the most to prove - POLL TIME! [ESPN.com]
- If you happen to live in Finland, you can go see the feel-good movie of the millennium if you're a hockey fan: a documentary of the life and accomplishments of Teemu Selanne! [Sports Illustrated]
- As I said above, the Cardinals are division champs for the 8th time since the turn of the century. The Blues should try doing something like that. [Big League Stew]
- The new iPhone features a fingerprint scanner that remembers and recognizes your prints. That sounds really awesome - until you realize that people were able to hack into that app within mere days. Al Franken would like to make sure you're fully aware what the implications of that are. [CNet]
- As I teased yesterday, I'll be going
on a trip to Belizeall out tomorrow for the Breaking Bad series finale. But in the mean time, it's Science Saturday - a thing that I just now decided is a thing - wouldn't it be a good idea to learn a little bit about the real Heisenberg? You're goddamn right! [Mental_Floss]
- The Taste of St. Louis is this weekend - get off your ass and go eat yourself stupid! [Riverfront Times]
The Gateway City's Favorite Son Jon Hamm went on Jimmy Kimmel recently, and was grilled over how terrible Imo's pizza is. There are places in town to get great St. Louis Style pizza, but I'm sorry, Imo's is horseshit on a soggy cracker. That said, Jimmy better not trash the T-Ravs if he knows what's good for him!
As long as we're talking about things to do in The Lou this weekend while you wait for hockey to return to us, why not make your way out to Webster Groves to see The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis' production of Cabaret? It runs through the 6th, and hey, if you go tonight, you could see me there!
What's that? Scientific history and musical theatre not your bag? You want to see other things in the links? Or more of this? Either way, get off your cyber-ass and send it to me!
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
Auf wiedersehen...à bientôt......