Back to work. Well, for you. I work weekends. I get to pack my apartment today to get ready to move next week. SUCK IT, PROGRESS!
Alex Pietrangelo hasn't signed yet. I'm not linking to that article by that dumbass that runs HockeyBuzz. Move along.
- So a lot of NHL teams are near, at or over the cap. The Blues will be there after Pietrangelo signs. Who do you blame? Yes, the NHL owners, for crying their way to the lockout last year, as they always do. [Puck Daddy]
- Corey Crawford signed a long-ass extension. Methinks the Blackhawks AND Team Canada will regret this later, but then again, I'm not an expert and I'm not Andy Sutton. [Chicago Tribune]
- Remember Tommy Morrison? No? Well, read up. The former boxer and star of Rocky V passed at the age of 44. [ESPN]
- Craig James killed five hookers while at SMU. He's also a wretchedly horrible college football analyst. He was let go after one show at Fox Sports Southwest. Apparently they didn't want him there in the first damn place. [Deadspin]
At this point, you're either tired of the "Cups" song by Anna Kendrick, or you love it. No in-between. But I'm a sucker for schoolchildren and anything in Gaelic, so you're getting this awesome rendition of the song being sung in Gaelic and played and enacted by a bunch of Irish schoolchildren. You're welcome/I'm sorry.
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone. (No, you're not.)
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
Hildy has another "Meet The New Central Division" piece later this morning. It's a team the Blues have history with, just not recently. Unless 2001 is "recent". #TylerIsOld