ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL??? I mean, I'd rather be ready for some hockey...But in the mean time, go Rams & Cowboys!
...oh, silly me, you probably want some links, don't you? Well, let's see what I have in my bag here...[digs around in bag] - OK, how about some of theses:
- Sportsnet is doing a series called "10 Teams That Can Win It All," and this week they analyzed the Blues' chances. Being in that conversation should great until you remember that 10 teams is a third of the league. I promise you that there are not 10 teams that have a shot at The Cup. Still, it's a pretty good breakdown. [Sportsnet]
- From the Shit You Already Knew Department: Brett Hull will be named as the Blues Vice-President of
Local Sports Icon OperationsSome Business Things. Not that I'm against the move - far from it - but the fact an entire press release was released listing all of Hullie's accomplishments but absolutely no mention of what exactly he'll be in charge of is a pretty good tell that this is largely a symbolic gesture/publicity stunt. Which I'm fine with - that's one of the handful of things that the Blues can't copy off of the Cardinals enough. Brett will be formally introduced in a press conference tomorrow evening at 6:16 pm in the DrinkScotch concourse, and fans are encouraged to attend. If any of you guys go, take some pictures & maybe we'll post some! [Blues]
- One more from the SYAK Dep.:
RayRyan Whitney has been given a camp invite to even up the blueline numbers while Doug Armstrong continues nickel and dime-ing Alex Pietrangelo . [Blues]
- Last November, Oilers defeseman prospect Brandon Davidson was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Today, he's captaining the Edmonton squad at the Traverse City tournament. Some articles I really enjoy sharing with you guys, but none that I've thrown up yet have been as good as Brandon Davidson saying "Fuck you!" to cancer. [Sportsnet, via PHT]
- Friend of Game Time Megalodon lists the funniest hockey tweets of last week. I'm just saying you guys, we need to collectively step up our Twitter game this year. [Battle of California]
- This season, the nets will be 4 inches shallower, giving players more room behind the net. It could make a difference in goals scored on wrap around this year...but probably won't. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- Mike Modano recently married Allison Micheletti, a professional golfer who happens to be 19 years younger. Creep-o. [ESPN Dallas]
- The first Sunday of the NFL season is today. You should know where you can watch which regional games, preferably in an easy to decipher map format. [506sports]
- Where my indie film buffs at? How about some obscure Netflix suggestions? One has a young Paul Rudd, and another has fucking Michonne! [Indiewire]
- The only way to parent properly is to do it sarcastically. And I base this on these 20 examples, and absolutely nothing else. [The Chive]
- Brevity is the soul of badassery. Mental Floss brings you 5 of the best real life one-liners in history. [Mental Floss]
Would you classify yourself as properly prepared for American football?
God that song is awesome! Too bad Hank Williams had to go and say something so fucking stupid.
FACT: The best thing to come out of the '80s (other than yours truly) is "Come On, Eileen" by Dexy's Midnight Runners. Look it up, it's a fact.
Can overalls be a thing again? Who should we talk to about that?
Donut King is back tomorrow. He needs shit to link. Send some to him.
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
One week from today, the Blues play their first preseason game. We're almost out of the wilderness, I promise.