Oh, hello, old Central Division mates. How are you? Good? Well, fuck you.
And yes, the headline is like that because I'm not allowed to say "Fuck" in the headline. Not my rule, obviously, but I follow it. But seriously. Fuck Detroit.
- In his notebook, Lou Korac writes that Ken Hitchcock was rather angry about checking on Saturday. Alexander Steen discussed his first game back in nearly a month, Maxim Lapierre may be back tonight but regardless will be back soon, and it appears Jaroslav Halak will be in goal for the Blues tonight, which means the haters can get their pitchforks back out. Fuck Detroit. [Blues]
- CanesAndBluesFan takes a look at Delta, an attempt at a universal measure to quantify player value. Fuck Detroit. [SLGT]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE DETROIT RED WINGS:
- Fuck Detroit. In other news . . . Fuck Detroit.
- But really, if you want to venture over to where the Red Wings are talked about in a positive light, head on over to Winging It In Motown. They're decent people, except for the whole "Cheering For The Red Wings" thing. But seriously . . . Fuck Detroit. [Winging It In Motown]
- And here's something from WIIM on Jimmy Howard, who apparently has been playing well lately while the rest of the team is not. (I still maintain that he's merely average, and not worthy of Team USA at the moment.) (Fuck Detroit.) (S/T to hildymac, our fearless leader) [Winging It In Motown]
- Three games yesterday. Fuck Chicago. Fuck the whole Eastern Conference too. And Fuck Detroit. [NHL.com 01/19/14]
- Tonight's Blues-Wings game is one of seven contests today and tonight on this Martin Luther King Day. Fuck Detroit. [NHL.com 01/20/14]
- In the biggest #NoShit announcement in the history of Team Canada men's hockey . . . Sidney Crosby will captain them in Sochi. Fuck Detroit. [The Score]
- Canucks coach John Tortorella got into a bit of a to-do with the Flames and Bob Hartley on Saturday. So he's going to have a hearing with the league on Monday. Fuck Detroit. [CBS Sports Eye On Hockey]
- Tortorella and Hartley have a bit of a history, actually. As do Tortorella and opening face-off line brawls. Fuck Detroit. [Puck Daddy]
- Matt Cooke got hit in the face with an elbow, and in a bit of irony . . . the guy who did it, Jamie Benn, will not get a call from the league for it, it appears. Fuck Detroit. [Dallas Morning News / Stars Blog]
- The Denver Broncos are going to the Super Bowl! In a related story . . . check out my friend @sarah_connors' Twitter avi. It is glorious, and will stay that way until the Super Bowl is over. Fuck Detroit. #LaserRocketArm [Denver Post]
- The Broncos will play the Seahawks, as they beat the 49ers. I will not link to anything Richard Sherman said or did because while it was wildly entertaining, it doesn't matter and we're not having that discussion here. Fuck Detroit. [Seattle Times]
- Dude goes for a run. Dude gets shot. Dude gets home, when dude realizes he's been shot. Wow. Fuck Detroit. [Y! Odd News]
- Say goodbye to the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome. Fuck Detroit. [Deadspin]
Here's a deleted scene from Lilo & Stitch that is quite amusing. Fuck Detroit. (S/T to Kate):
"TOURISTS . . . PREPARE TO DIE!!!!!"
Have anything to share with the class? Links? Videos? Well, here's your chance:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And come back later for more news, analysis and insights on tonight's game at Joe Louis Arena.
And once more . . . Fuck Detroit.
LET'S GO BLUES.