- Everybody fell for it.
- Prospects! Brian recaps the week that was in Chicago and Kalamazoo, who's trending up, what's upcoming and the outlook of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. [SLGT; SLGT; SLGT; SLGT]
- Our crew looked at old universal measures of hockey talent. Yesterday, APM and THoR. [SLGT; SLGT]
- Scores. Martin Brodeur did not do well yesterday afternoon in the Bronx. TRADE HIM TO THE BLUES HE CAN'T DO WORSE OH MY GOD. [NHL.com 01/26/14]
- Six games tomorrow. I bet Ryan Miller plays in the one he's expected to. BECAUSE FUCK YOUR TRADE RUMORS. [NHL.com 01/27/14]
- As of this morning, Ryan Miller is still the starting goaltender of the Buffalo Sabres. YOUR TRADE RUMORS ARE SHIT.
- There was something called a Pro Bowl last night. The Broncos didn't play in it. So I didn't care.
A couple from our Prospects Department. First, a penalty from last night's Blackhawks-Jets game that can only be explained by the ghosts of Chicago Stadium, because no one knows where it is. (S/T to BW):
I guess Mark Stuart boarded a fly into the ice.
By the way, despite that, the Blackhawks continue to hold the Conference III Crown of Shit.
And then, longform . . . Pink Floyd. Today is Nick Mason's birthday. He's the only member of Pink Floyd who's been around from the start and stayed in, as Brian will note. SOAK IT IN. (S/T, also, to BW, who says this was HUGE in the forming of his own musical talents):
Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
Want to be regionally famous? Send links!
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And join me tomorrow for a further odyssey.