Also . . . anyone notice that when looked at in the typical left-to-right method, the Olympic Rings start with blue? (S/T to DanGNR for that little tidbit.)
Alright. Have some links.
LINKS (MOSTLY ABOUT AMERICA AND TEEJ AND SHIT):
- A Super Bowl ad asked "Is there anything more American than America?" Yes, there is. And it's T.J. Oshie. [Slate]
- Will Leitch, who is awesome, obviously wrote things about the Teej. [Sports on Earth]
- A cohort of Will Leitch, Peter Richmond, wrote about the big hug Oshie gave to Vladimir Tarasenko after Saturday morning's game. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [Sports on Earth]
- Win a TJ Sochi shirt. [SLGT]
- Deadspin posted this hilarious impromptu interview NoDak hockey broadcasters did with Teej during the 2010 Olympic break. Teej is chomping on gum, probably because he was shithammered. Still not NEARLY as embarrassing as the "Worst Episode Of Cribs Ever". (HOLY SHIT, TWO OLYMPIANS!) (S/T to Hildy) [Deadspin]
- Putting some perspective on Saturday's win. It really wasn't that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, folks. (S/T to Hildy) [Raw Charge]
- Prospect Sunday! B-Dub writes about the week that was, what lies ahead, who's trending up and gives updates on the draft. [SLGT; SLGT; SLGT; SLGT]
- USA beat Slovenia (David Backes scored a goal, but Phil Kessel had the Natural Hatty), Austria beat Norway, Russia beat Slovakia despite not giving a shit and Canada needed OT to beat Finland. [NHL.com 02/16/14]
- No hockey today. Qualification round starts Tuesday. Sweden, USA, Canada and Finland got byes. [NHL.com 02/18/14]
First . . . #Merica. Always fitting before, during or after another Team USA win. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise):
I dunno, that's all everyone's American Dream, right? . . . Right?
Secondly, back home, the Adirondack Phantoms and Portland Pirates decide to beat the shit out of each other at the end of their game yesterday. Includes a goalie fight. (S/T to Kate):
YOU'RE GONNA DIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE . . . .
Send links. Send videos. Send stuff! I have a backlog of videos, but that doesn't mean I hate having a backlog. Send me things:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
No hockey games, so no GDT's today. Phew.