Canada . . . is that even a real country?
Light links today, as most of the stuff out there is low-hanging-fruit:
- Two Blues scored what ended up game-winners . . . Alexander Steen and David Backes (on a SICK angle, mind you). Sweden beat Slovenia, Finland knocked out host Russia, Canada squeaked by Latvia and USA beat the Czechs. [NHL.com 02/19/14]
- Games resume Friday, where the semifinals will be the Battle of Scandinavia (Finland/Sweden) and the Battle of North America (Canada/USA). No intrigue at all. [NHL.com 02/21/14]
- Who won't be playing for Team Canada? John Tavares, who messed up his knee, is out for the tournament and probably a good while after that. [Puck Daddy]
- Beyond Checkerdome posted yesterday. SLGT's own Brad Lee pops by to talk hockey, the paper, T.J. Oshie, trade rumors and just about anything else that struck our fancy. Thanks, B-Rad! [SLGT]
- Yesterday was the first day of practice for the Blues since the Olympic break started. Obviously, Blues practice was missing a few guys, but whatever. Lou Korac reports. [In The Slot / Lou Korac]
- Lambert takes on Team Canada's roster selections, the Russians, the international ice setup and more in his Power Rankings. [Puck Daddy]
- So Team USA and Team Canada aren't just meeting in the men's hockey semifinals . . . later this morning, the two women's teams will square off for gold in women's hockey. GO AMERICA. EVISCERATE CANADA. [SB Nation]
- Today is medal day in women's curling. Great Britain and Switzerland will play for bronze, while Canada and Sweden face off for gold. [SB Nation]
- I don't normally do NBA here, but . . . 1) David Lee is from St. Louis, and 2) HIS EYES DAMN NEAR POPPED OUT OF HIS FUCKING HEAD (or, well, it looked like that). [SB Nation]
- Just one video today . . . and it may qualify for "Science Thursday" . . . this is Buzz Aldrin (the legend of space travel) singing parts of "She Blinded Me With Science". And it is fucking awesome:
That's it for me this week. My bro-han J-Mill's got your weekend and is surely as full on America as I am. So send him shit to link so he doesn't have to keep posting cat videos or whatever:
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
And remember, if it ain't America, it ain't shit.