This serves as an official detachment of the Olympiad for many Blues fans . . . the first Blues game after the break. You happy now, assholes?
And as bad as the weather is in your neck of the woods . . . a town an hour south of here had unconfirmed reports of 25 inches of snow. And that was measured before the snow had stopped falling. Canada says "We Are Winter". No, fuck you. Montana is winter.
Click on shit!
- Some quotables from the Blues' Olympians. [StL Today]
- Here's some trade deadline analysis from SportsNet on the Blues. It's quite the interesting look, actually. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [SportsNet]
- Hey, remember Hannu Toivonen? Well, he was released from his PTO by an ECHL team. So he's got that going for him. Which . . . sucks. #Ears (S/T to DanGNR) [Admirals Roundtable]
- A post-Olympic break primer on the Central Division includes Hildy's thoughts on the Blues. [Puck Daddy]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE VANCOUVER CANUCKS:
- For all things Canucks, you gotta check out our SB Nation partners in Vancouver, Nucks Misconduct. [Nucks Misconduct]
- Another one you should check out, though . . . Pass It To Bulis, which includes the Canucks musings of Puck Daddy's Harrison Mooney and also follows me on Twitter, which means they're awesome. Also, Jan Bulis is such a random player to name a hockey blog after. [Pass It To Bulis]
- There was one game last night, and there was one winner . . . the . . . Sabres? [NHL.com 02/25/14]
- Four games tonight. I hear one of them is in Vancouver. What have you heard? [NHL.com 02/26/14]
- So . . . some coaches of good NHL teams that send their best players to play in the Olympics say the Olympics screw up their team. But is this really true? [Deadspin]
- Steven Stamkos was not cleared to participate in the Lightning(s) next road trip, so now he's eyeing a March 6th return. [Tampa Tribune]
- As it turns out, Islanders Captain and wonder child John Tavares didn't have as severe a knee injury as originally thought and will be out 8-12 weeks (which is still the duration of the season for a team that has little to no shot at the playoffs) and--most importantly--will not need surgery. Good. [Puck Daddy]
- Rumor has it David Legwand--who is basically to the Predators what, say, Barclay Plager was to the early Blues--will be traded at the deadline. But all is quiet right now. [Nashville Post]
- Marc-Andre Fleury's Stadium Series mask will replicate a Pittsburgh Steelers helmet. I don't even remotely like the Steelers and I like this damn thing. [CBS Sports Eye On Hockey]
- Bruins forward David Krejci didn't completely throw his Czech Republic coach under the bus, but didn't exactly give him a ringing endorsement. Not that it matters . . . the dude resigned and Krejci gets to continue being awesome with the Bruins. [Milford Daily News]
- In the greatest news in Canadian-American relations since the beginning of St. Louis's existence . . . TIM HORTON'S IS COMING TO SAINT LOUIS!!!!!!!!! About 40 locations, too. St. Louis wins that one, kids. (S/T to CrossCheckRaise) [StL Today]
- You know that dumb uncle of yours that posts stupid shit on Facebook? Well, that's basically midlife Australian golfer Steve Elkington on Twitter. [Deadspin]
- Speaking of dumb shit on Twitter . . . the Cardinals are apparently very embarrassed by pitcher Carlos Martinez's Twitter "favorite wall". God fucking forbid a 22-year-old male athlete like twats and tits and stuff, eh? "IT'S A DISTRACTION!" No, it's fucking hilarious. HUGE difference. [Deadspin]
- Rare coins in California. Just kinda found somewhere. Weird. [Y! / Reuters]
Found this on Deadspin . . . and holy mother of fuck, is this insane. Here's a goal from a high-schooler in Wisconsin:
You can send links if you want to . . . you can leave your cares behind:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
And even if you don't send links, you'll be a friend of mine. (If you choose.)
Check back later for more great stuff from the excellent staff here at Game Time, including a game preview and CCR's road post. Also, Beyond Checkerdome goes up later. Enjoy the game (unless you're like me, and have to work).
LET'S GO BLUES.