I just got Gamecenter Live fore the first time the other day. I may never get anything else done the rest of my life. Or at least the rest of this season.
- Jaden Schwartz and Vladimir Tarasenko have both had fantastic breakout years. That 2010 draft keeps looking better & better! [STLToday]
- Bernie Miklasz gives us 10 reasons to love the Blues. Well that settles it - I'm sold! [STLToday]
- The P-D recently gave us an Idiot's Guide to Hockey Slang, which as an idiot myself, I felt offended and condescended to. So St. Louis Game Time put together our own Idiot's Guide to the Blues. Of course, I guess I didn't get the memo (like literally - it seems there was a memo that I in fact did not get), but just because I didn't write it doesn't mean you shouldn't read it! [SLGT]
- Puck Daddy's resident fantasy hockey guru Dobber takes an indepth look at Jaden Schwartz's fantasy value the next few years against another Central division breakout star, Brandon Saad. [Dobber Sports]
- How did Conference III do this week? We might have lost the Title Belt (for now), but Tyler still got to speak first, so we must be doing pretty well. [III Communication]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY - THE NASHVILLE PREDATORS:
- The Predators beat the Blackhawks 3-2 at the United Center last night for their third straight road win. [On the Forecheck]
- This isn't the first piece about how Seth Jones could be a big superstar and role model, and it likely won't be the last, but it is just another reminder that Seth Jones is America (And So Can You)! [Nashville Scene]
- Last night's scores - find out what they were. [NHL.com 3/14]
- Nine games today, including the first of back-to-back Penguins-Flyers games this afternoon. Other than our game, Ottawa and Montreal might be worth keeping an eye on to see if they try to fucking kill each other like last year's playoffs. And for a west coast late nighter, Ducks-Kings should be fun. [NHL.com 3/15]
- The standings this morning see the Blues 2 points up on both Anaheim and San Jose, and still 6 up on the Avs. [NHL.com Standings]
- Last night's Ducks-Avalanche showdown saw both teams in a race to see who's goaltending could regress to the mean first. After scoring a combined NINE goals in the 2nd period, the Ducks won 6-4, and Corey Perry temporarily became my favorite douchenozzle in hockey by mocking Patrick Roy and his glass panel shoving from earlier this season. [Anaheim Calling]
- The Panthers beat the Devils, which of course means that Roberto Luongo hurt Corey Schneider's playoff chances. Troll so hard, @strombone1, troll so hard. [Pro Hockey Talk]
- After being disqualified from the Olympic tournament hours before the the Gold Medal game, Nicklas Backstrom has now been awarded his silver medal. [Puck Daddy]
- Lambert does NOT like the Ducks' chances in the playoffs, and honestly, I don't blame him. ESPECIALLY if San Jose catches up to win the division and makes them play LA. [Puck Daddy]
- While the US Olympic team ended up being an embarrassment to our country's hockey program in Sochi, the US Paralympic Sled Hockey team will play the Russians for the Gold Medal this afternoon at 11 central on NBC actual. #USABestSledHockey [USA Hockey]
- While I'm a little uneasy putting this link so close to a USA-Russia Gold Medal game, later this year a documentary on the Soviet Red Army hockey team will be released, which I must admit I'd be really excited to see. Keep your eyes peeled for that. [The Hockey News]
- Which team has the best website in the league? Who gets the most site visits per day? It's not the Blues, although we fair pretty well. [On the Forecheck]
- Time to read up on the World Cup...no, not the soccer tournament in Brazil this summer. I mean the Quidditch World Cup! Harry Potter creator J.K. Rowling recently published the first of a series of pieces called 'A History of the Quidditch World Cup.' #USABestQuidditch [Deadline]
- What's the single coolest place you can possibly eat a pizza? In motherfucking SPACE, bitches! [Mental_Floss]
- Looking for places and/or events to partake in the wearing of the green this weekend around town? Here's some great places to be! [Riverfront Times]
- I put this down here because it's this week's Science Saturday, but it really should be in a prime slot in the Hockey News section: Swedish scientists may have developed a way to more effectively diagnose brain injuries in sports though a blood test. Don't skip over the science this week! (Not that you do any other week...) [Huff Post]
You may have seen this already, but someone sent it to me in an email (have no idea who - there was no name). A pretty good scrap between two semi-pro minor leaguers in Quebec ended in the most bromantic way possible: an awesome high five.
As the good Irish lad as I am, one of my favorite things about March is the folk music. I may or may not even have multiple Irish folk music Pandora stations. In either case, here's a fun favorite of mine!
I'm not going to lay it all at your feet, but the more links you guys send me, the more sleep I get. Just sayin'...
- jasonmcadams1120 AT gmail DOT com
It's a game day. Come on back and get yourself properly prepped!