As a quarter-Irishman, I should probably be excited about today. And I am. But I live in a college town and usually a day like this (Cinco de Mayo is another one) is ruined by amateurs. So . . . meh.
Regardless . . . top o' the mornin' to ya, and Lá Shona Fhéile Pádraig.
On to links.
- The Blues play the Jets tonight, but they'll be without Vladimir Tarasenko, who needs surgery to repair a broken hand and will miss the rest of the regular season. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhit. Dmitrij Jaskin has been recalled and will surely get an opportunity to prove himself. [SLGT]
- Looking back to the game in which Tarasenko was injured . . . there were a lot of Blues fans at it. Hildy was one of them. The team posted a video. [SLGT]
- Speaking of which . . . Hildy's putting together a gallery of pictures from folks who went down to Nashville for Saturday's game, so e-mail her at hildymacgt AT gmail DOT com if you've got one (or several, or a shitload) to share.
- Prospect Sunday! Brian tells us about the week that was, who's trending up, what's next for the Blues' prospects in Chicago/Kalamazoo/elsewhere and a re-imagining of sorts of the mock draft in "The '14 File". [SLGT; SLGT; SLGT; SLGT]
- In light of recent events, CanesAndBluesFan wants you to know about Sudden Cardiac Death and wants you to learn CPR, because it can save someone's life. [SLGT]
KNOW YOUR ENEMY--THE WINNIPEG JETS:
- For everything on the Jets, check out our friends at Arctic Ice Hockey. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- The Jets beat the Stars 7-2 last night, which means tonight's Blues/Jets game is a Conference III Title Belt match here at the home of The Chase. Could be a tie for the shortest Title Belt reign ever. J.R. will have a Tale Of The Tape later . . . right here. [III Communication]
- Nine scores from yesterday. The Penguins got zero points from a home-and-home with the Flyers, which is . . . oh, just a bit embarrassing. [NHL.com 03/16/14]
- Four games tonight. One is in St. Louis, believe it or not. The Wild(s) face the Bruins in a nationally-televised tilt. [NHL.com 03/17/14]
- Stan Fischler apparently told everyone if Ryan Callahan was moved at the trade deadline, he'd eat a hat covered in maple syrup on air. Well. [Puck Daddy]
- The league has rescheduled the postponed Stars-Blue Jackets game from last week. [Stars]
- Speaking of the Stars . . . Harrison Mooney explains how they're already an amazing success story behind new general manager Jim Nill. Not sure THEY believe it after last night, though. [Puck Daddy]
- It sure does look like Carl Hagelin got boned out of a goal yesterday. [NHL Situation Room Blog]
OTHER SHIT (mostly about St. Patrick's Day):
- A few facts about St. Patrick's Day. [History]
- The Wikipedia page for Saint Patrick. Because Wikipedia never lies. (Of course, we assume most of this one is true, though.) [Wikipedia]
- The NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament participants were announced yesterday. Sure, you can get your bracket from many sources, but I'm an SBN shill, so get theirs! [SB Nation]
It's a special TRIPLE VIDEO edition of your Monday links!
First off, this St. Patrick's Day video from the NHL three years ago is still kinda funny (even if it doesn't include "O'Shie"):
And there are so many more, too.
Next . . . The Dubliners being their awesome selves and playing a live rendition of "Finnegan's Wake":
You'll wake anyone up by pouring whiskey on them by accident, even the dead.
And finally . . . my favorite traditional Irish tune is "The Wild Rover". Here's the Dropkick Murphys' version:
And it's NO. NAY. NEVER! *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*
See you tomorrow. Send me links today:
- gtdonutking AT gmail DOT com
If you're heading to the game tonight, #RockTheScott and buy yourself a St. Louis Game Time rag. You're gonna wanna. Also, tip your vendor, you cheap bastard.
And check out the website later for more Blues insights, analysis and more ahead of tonight's game.
Also . . . don't act like an amateur and be wasted by 6 tonight, Goddamnit. Make it last all night. Train your liver.
LET'S GO BLUES.